Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Wool on Sunday.

Once again it’s time for a Wool on Sunday post featuring all things ‘yarny’ in the last month. 

Most of the month was taken up with joining donated squares ( plus a few granny squares of my own) into blankets for the needy. What a great feeling it was to take along 6 completed blankets to hand in. 


And now the latest project that I’ve started is a knitted throw to donate to the Karuna Hospice’s Christmas Markets in late November. It’s in a mohair yarn because of 2 reasons. Firstly I have an abundance of the rather expensive Jo Sharp brand kid mohair which I bought on a whim online a number of years ago before I retired and I’m trying to use this beautiful yarn up. Secondly, I wanted a project using a light weight yarn, that I could take with me for the 5 weeks that DH and I are travelling and mohair fits the bill.


I used this same yarn to make a throw for Karuna last year too. This year, I’m adding a cream as a main colour in stripes. 



I started the throw at home last week, started the coloured stripes in Dubai (2 nights there) and have taken this photo on the bed of our Dublin hotel. 
This yarn goes a long way and I suspect there may be yet another throw made using it in the future perhaps. 😉😆
At this stage, Janine who organises Wool on Sunday, hasn’t published a September post  yet but here is a link to her blog The Rainbow Hare. 
here

5 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Maria happy travels my friend,sounds like an exciting trip you are on,congrats on the wonderful work you do for the people in need, wishing you and Bruce safe travels xx

Jackie said...

Enjoy your travels, and since it is probably a bit cooler in Ireland, knitting will keep you warm.

God bless.

Nanna Chel said...

Goodness me, you are in Ireland. I was thinking of travelling to Scotland to see family members I have never met but I don't think I could sit that long in a plane. Enjoy your trip.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Maria, they're pretty rugs you've sewn up and, I'm positive, will be appreciated and loved by the recipients :D)
Wow, yes, I've been slow to keep up with you and your travels. Great fun.
The mohair looks beautiful and, being light, would be perfect for travelling with. The throw pattern is lovely. Enjoy your trip xx

doodles n daydreams said...

You are so diligent, taking your craft on holiday with you. The yarn looks beautifully soft.
Diana