Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2019

A month of birthdays and cakes!

It looked like my birthday was going to be a bit of a non event this year. But I was wrong! On the actual day the girls, one son in law and I were driving from country Victoria to Melbourne airport. Our brunch stop was in Ballarat and we found a lovely cafe in a homewares store and there DD2 bought me breakfast...delicious! 






Originally I had planned a birthday brunch here in Brisbane at a friend’s cafe but this had had to be cancelled. My darling stepdaughters organised a birthday dinner for me when I arrived home late Saturday afternoon instead. 
The main course was from my freezer πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ but DsD2 made me a special birthday cake which was delicious.


DH had bought me a new wheelbarrow as a gift and it was the perfect spot to prop #5 granddaughter while we had dinner πŸ˜†! 


On the Monday it was Miss Holly’s birthday. DD2, Holly and I went out for morning tea. No cake but a babycino and a profiterole for the birthday girl...


May 2019 was the celebration of a special birthday for DH...one of those birthdays ending in a zero πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„. On a weekend that suited all the family we gathered at Bribie Island. 
Here’s one of the many photos taken on the weekend...


The birthday cake made by DsD2 was magnificent! 


Mind you she had some help with the final touches...😍


And then those little helpers helped Grandpa blow out the candles...


Finally on the last Sunday of May, Miss Holly had her birthday party. 


The cake was made by a Filipino lady and was a purple yam cake...it was so light and delicious.


There was also a unicorn piΓ±ata which defied all the thumping that the children gave it! πŸ˜„


One of DD2’s friends took pity on the children and using brute strength she ripped the tag to open that unicorn πŸ¦„. 


In another post I’ll write more about our week up at Bribie. Next family birthday celebration is in 7 days...DH’s brother. I guess it means another cake πŸŽ‚ lol. 




8 comments:

Lin said...

Lots of lovely celebrations Maria and some lovely cakes! xx

angela said...

Best month of birthdays ever lol
Now to work those calories off. Before the next round of birthdays

Brigie said...

You have been deliciously busy. Hapoy birthday. June is a huge birthday month here, including mine. Glad you enjoyed the Provincial in Ballarat. Beaing a local, hubs and I have been there a few times too.

Vireya said...

That's funny, because I only just discovered there was a cafe in that place a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for the bookshop that used to be on that corner (it has moved to the next street over) and noticed the cafe upstairs. I might have to actually go in there some time!

Glad you had a happy birthday, and lots of lovely family birthday occasions too.

Kim said...

Lots of fun and happy celebrations to be seen here. A rather belated happy birthday. I did smile at the photo of your granddaughter resting in the wheel barrow.

Jackie said...

I think I gained 10 lbs just looking at those cakes!!!

You sure know how to celebrate birthdays.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful week of celebration, all those cakes...yummy!

Maria said...

Lots of Happy Birthdays πŸŽ‰, looks like you all had fun celebrating...