Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2018

Even more Melbourne 😁

Angela commented on my previous post that there is a lot of construction going on in Melbourne and DH and I certainly noticed this...and I took some photos of 2 of the Metro Tunnel work sites. 












So dodging around building sites, including in Federation Square became par for the course and really didn’t affect us adversely at all...local residents may disagree though, lol. 
So in the business district what did we visit?
We visited the Victoria Markets Complex; walking through the wonderful deli area is always a treat for the senses. I didn’t take any photos of Markets but did take some photos of the lovely shops in the front of the complex. One shop window that I loved was Ambience; it was amazing! 


Next door to Ambience was a cafe where we stopped awhile and indulged in coffee and a sweet treat.





I loved the figures standing at the entrance to the store...such fun!


We timed our visit to Melbourne Central to be there on the hour. This was so we could see the famous clock in there ‘doing its stuff’! 

On the hour a section of the clock lowers to reveal figures, including some beautiful birds...there were quite a few other tourists snapping photos too.
The Melbourne Central complex is built within an area that housed an historic shot tower...

So the tower is surrounded by a shopping centre; all restored and saved from demolition. 
Another place in the city we visited was the Christmas windows at the Myer store. Every Myer in our capital cities has the same Christmas windows but we would rarely bother going into Brisbane’s CBD Myer to look; so go figure why it became important to me that I check out the Melbourne store’s windows! Lol 




This year’s theme was ‘Alice in Wonderland’. We had to line up and slowly the line moved along in front of the store.


I will share some more of the CBD in my next post. 



3 comments:

Jackie said...

I used to love looking at the store windows in downtown Toronto growing up. Love the Joy to the World window, and those Nutcrackers are beautiful.

God bless.

Lin said...

My nieces husband works for the company that makes props for Myers so she went to the grand opening and sent me lots of pics. Selfridges in London was always the place to go for amazing Christmas windows, sadly I have not been for many many years! You had a great time in Mebourne. xx

angela said...

You have made me want to go and spend the day in the city lol
Once the silly season is done and dusted. We might just do that