Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2018

A Small World?

On our recent trip to Melbourne, I saw some yarnbombing as we walked up Swanston St right there in the CBD. The trunks of the trees on the footpath were wrapped up in Christmas colours. So I walked up the street taking photos of each tree. I thought that the photos would be perfect for one of my 25 Days of Christmas posts that I do each December on Facebook. So I made a collage...
Then one of my fellow members from Knitting for Brisbane’s Needy wrote a comment on my post thanking me for posting the photos. Janine went on to explain that the tree in the top left hand corner of my collage was wrapped in her corner to corner crocheted piece! 
Apparently she joined a Facebook group earlier this year and it was this group that called for volunteers to make pieces for yarnbombing. And because I’d taken the photos, Janine was able to see her work in situ so to speak!

 Here’s a closer look at that tree trunk...and I’m also including another tree trunk photo as it shows one of Melbourne’s iconic trams.




4 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

Great, I haven't seen any yarn bombing for a while and it's nice to see it all in Christmas designs. What a lot of work, phew :)
Merry Christmas,
Diana

Brigie said...

Loving reading your posts on Melbourne city. I live in Regional Victoria. My hubs and I often train in to the city for the day. We had planned a Vic Market trip this Safurday but I really think it will be too busy. Maybe between Christmas and New year wil be better. Enjoy. It all looks great.

Nanna Chel said...

Well it is definitely a small world, Maria. My son asked me tonight when we are going to Melbourne. Hmmm! I mumbled something about waiting till after the Christmas holidays. LOL!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great pics of the yarn bombing...small world indeed that you know Janine (too!)...