Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Wool on Sundays

Yes it's that time again; the first Sunday of the month means joining in with Janine over at The Rainbow Hare's blog to write a yarn related post. Janine's post is a tribute to Easter and features a lovely visual story of two knitted bunnies and a beautiful knitted daffodil. Here
I managed to get a fair bit of knitting done during March. I finished the rainbow colours baby blanket that I had just started in the last Wool on Sundays post. It was the same pattern as the other 2 baby blankets that I'd made earlier in 2018. The mum may have been born in the 1980s but she is so much a 60s girl, so a 'rainbow blanket' was called for.
When we took the parcel over to my neighbour's place, we each enjoyed a cuddle with baby Willow...

The new mum loved the rainbow colours...

( the shelf behind has lots of yarns as H uses yarn to make Dreamcatchers which she sells at the Markets)

And what goes with a rainbow blankie? Why, a unicorn of course! Lol

Also this month I have been knitting yet another baby blankie using a pattern I purchased from Tin Can Knits. It is only half way through but deserves its own blog post. Let's just say that a lot of 'frogging' or reverse knitting has gone on in the last few weeks...maybe even 'some hair torn out' type situations too 😉😉. So just a little peep at the back...once again I've used Patons Cottonblend. Sharmayne from the Country Fragrance blog told me of some other brands of cotton that she recommends. And one day I will buy some Bendigo cotton; it was the 200gram balls that put me off a bit originally; especially as I wanted to use lots of colours.
The back of the latest project...
The pattern is The Bounce Blanket by the Canadian company, Tin Can Knits. 

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely blankets.........

Maria said...

Thank you Chooky! The cotton yarn is lovely to work with too.

Nanna Chel said...

More lovely work, Maria. I have some Bendigo mills cotton but haven't used much of it as yet apart from a few dishcloths but it is so soft that I feel it is a bit of a waste using it for dishcloths. Now if I was clever like you I could make something else with it. LOL!

Jackie said...

I love the new pattern and the soft colours you chose to complete it with.

I hate frogging, so quite often I just tear the whole project back. If it happens too often I give up and make something else.

God bless.