Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2018

Let's Get Stitched Brisbane 2018; Part 3

The third shop that we visited on our bus trip was Voodoo Rabbit at Annerley. This tiny shop has always had the reputation of having unusual and even quirky fabrics, along with the more usual range of patchwork fabrics, patterns and notions.


The window display was certainly quirky 😉

And a better look at that sewer, without the glass of the shop window in the way!

The little shop soon got very crowded with ladies eager to purchase items...

Just the owner Kylie was there to serve...and I decided rather quickly that I didn't need anything.
The next stop was our hotel and weren't we all glad to go and have a rest before the Pizza and Games Night. Bus trips sure can be tiring! Lol
The evening started off very sedately...




After our pizzas we had the Supplies Swap. Up to 3 crafting items in our stashes that we no longer needed could be brought along and for each item we were given a number. When the number was called you had to dash out to the table where all the items were placed and quickly choose an item. I had #12, 13, 14, so had quite a good choice of items. Those at the end did not have such good choices.
I chose fabric bundles...you know I need fabric...not! (The items I brought along for the Swap were 2 kits that I now know will never make up and a ziplock bag of doilies. )

We played some crazy games...


We each had been asked to bring along a paper bag which contained a fat quarter, a card of 6 buttons and another sewing notion such as needles etc. ( in other years it was always a charm square pack and they had been getting expensive) . The 'left- right' game was played like pass the parcel and at the end we each kept the bag we were holding. These were the contents of the one I got...

Just a few days before I had been thinking of the Olivia the Pig books that I had given to great nieces  a few years ago. So I was thrilled to see Olivia and friends on this fat quarter.
On the Saturday I checked out of the hotel in the morning and headed home. But on Saturday night I headed back to meet the others for our dinner at the Morrison Hotel. That couldn't be missed; the steaks there are always superb! We took up 3 large tables.

And my steak meal did not disappoint.

To end the evening we all received one of these...

I had thoroughly enjoyed my time with all the Let's Get Stitched Ladies. 

4 comments:

angela said...

Looks like lots of fun
What a wonderful time you had

Jackie said...

Wow, Maria, it looks as if your weekend was jam packed with fun.

Love the Olivia fabric!!

God bless.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome photos loads ot fun❤️❤️❤️

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you had a great time......