Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Some visitors...

I wrote 2 posts recently about little excursions DH and I have taken but I've also had a number of visitors since I have come home from hospital...
Some of these visitors have spoiled me by bringing flowers, which I absolutely love!

This beautiful bunch were brought over by my friend Helen; the roses have the most beautiful fragrance!

 These flowers came from my friends The Newmarket Mum's...


 Another friend, Liz, came over with some zucchini slice and some bromeliads to plant...

DH, Liz and her husband Glenn, catch up while I circle the table taking photos :-)


With DH doing all the hard work, these were planted pretty much straight away. You see there is a 'bromeliad story'...

A little while ago I came home from Liz's place with a supermarket bag of bromeliads to plant...DH thought that it was rubbish...so you know what happened don't you! lol
The other day Liz also brought over some EPP that she did in some classes ages ago. She didn't know what sort of patchwork it was called but her memory had stirred a few weeks back when I was talking about my current projects. I loved her table centre and gave her all the info she needed to finish off the project!

Liz's EPP in front and a glimpse of one of my projects that I have on the go at the moment...
 I also had another visitor who came recently. Now we did not invite him to sit down nor did we offer  him coffee/tea but DH did send him some money later by direct debit...


Graham, who lives in the next street, is our plumber and he came round to see why the drain was overflowing when the washing machine and dishwasher water emptied...


DH was convinced that it was the roots of my shrubs that were the culprits for blocking the drain. It was looking like I would have to have these bushes pulled out, just when we needed the privacy from the complex next door, as well as for shade on our kitchen window from the western sun.
But all was good! It wasn't tree roots; it was just a build up from the soaps and general grease/scum. As well as cleaning out the blockage and sending the 'electric eel' all the way through the pipes to the street, Graham was also able to view the drains with a camera...no tree roots and no other blockages.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I'm glad you have been spoiled a little with lovely visitors and gifts as you recover....not so glad about the need for Graham to visit...hope the plumbing problem is sorted. take care, and have lots of rest. Jx

Vireya said...

I'm glad you don't have to lose your shrubs!