Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

It's finished and posted...

The throw that I was making for my recently (and unexpectedly) widowed friend was finally finished this morning (Monday) and is now on its way to her. I think this will be so much better than condolence flowers that we could have sent...more long lasting for sure!
I took photos in a few places around our home trying to get 'those colours' true. I think these ones are the closest but the second colour still comes out looking pale instead of a lovely warm caramel color that it is.



When you use black as the main colour in this pattern you get what I call the 'licorice allsorts' look! The next waffle slipstitch throw I make will be in greys/mauves/purples and pinks and it is a replacement for one which someone won and then gave away to someone else the winner felt needed it more. More about that a little later on. 

7 comments:

Susan said...

It certainly is a very "all sorts" pattern. Lovely knitting Maria

Marilyn said...

Such a beautiful throw and a beautiful gesture to give it to friend. I like the all sorts effect.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your knitting is lovely and it will be a treasured gift by your widowed friend.

FlowerLady

Becky said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure she was thrilled with it and I am looking forward to your next afghan - they are all so GORGEOUS!

angela said...

Looks beautiful. Love it

Lin said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Sue Niven said...

It is super special.