Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hmmm... not so good...

Yesterday's post focussed on the delightful things I found in the pile of mail waiting for us when we returned home. But yesterday we came home to some not so delightful things...(Yes Vireya, there were some bills including the one from Urban Utilities showing our water bill had gone up dramatically as the rates have been increased.) But this was something else...remember the rental house next door???



sad little house, slowly being allowed to fall to pieces...

 Remember I said that the site was going to be developed? And the builder spoke to DH a week or so before we went away and asked if it was alright to erect temporary fencing on our property and DH okayed this... Do you also remember that I gave my neighbour a camera so she could take photos if the demolition took place while we were away???  Yesterday morning while waiting at Christchurch airport Judy texted a warning that 'there was a hole next door'... so we were prepared...

Here are some of the 'demolition photos'...















The house is gone and our house is now the 'end house' albeit temporarily! 
Now for some photos I took yesterday...that's my compost bin (plus numerous other gardening items) now in the building site and off limits to me...go figure???


Our pathway down the side of the house is now quite obstructed...

Wet weather has meant the cessation of digging and trucking off the dirt...


Messy...
DH is planning to talk to the builder and see if our items can either be 'unfenced' or brought back into our yard for relocation. If I speak to him, I will need to be restrained as I'm quite angry; from our laundry window to our back boundary our property and possessions have been compromised. Since I took these photos yesterday I've discovered that our frangipani tree in the front garden has been destroyed just leaving a few trunk cuttings...I can't even find where the root ball is...

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't believe how lazy these people are and how arrogant to presume they can take over parts of our property...they are digging out right on the boundary line although in a few parts they are digging into our property. Stay tuned!!

9 comments:

Noela said...

I can understand your being annoyed. I suppose this is all because you were not there. Hope it all works out in the end. Hugs.....

Anonymous said...

ohhh nooo,not good.xx

Susan said...

I can understand your rant...
Do you have any idea what is going to be built??? I hope its not two storey

Dorothy said...

Seeing those pictures of the demolition made me feel quite sad. There surely must have been many memories associated with that little old house. What a hide those people have fencing your stuff - good luck in getting them to move their fence. I'd be asking for a replacement frangipani tree too. xoxox

Unknown said...

I wouldn't be Happy Either Especially about the Frangipanni Tree.

Vireya said...

I hope you get that fence moved back to the property line before anyone starts doing any construction! It is outrageous that they put it where they did, and removed your tree.

Good luck with it! I'd be out there moving the fence myself if they won't do it.

Anonymous said...

Maria this leaves me speechless.
So sorry.

Unknown said...

I'd say the chap driving the heavy equipment hasn't held his operators ticket very long. He needed all the room he could get. Lucky he didn't accidently back into your house, by the looks of it. What a bunch of 'tools'. Sue

Justjen said...

Huh? Isn't your land YOUR LAND!Find your property markers and have that fence moved back, or pretty soon their side of the fence will be full of bricks and building materials and you'll be stuck the way it is. And have them replace your Frangipani tree why should you lose a tree on your private property - the nerve (welcome home btw):-)