Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Another Christmas Eve is upon us...

It's been a bit busy here today as DH and I get ready to have our family (and a few extra people) Christmas Eve dinner. It's become a bit of a family tradition to celebrate on this night and it's always a fun, sometimes noisy celebration. For a few years we've had a BBQ dinner but I know that everyone prefers a hot roast dinner, so that's what we're having tonight. I've been very fortunate that the day isn't nearly as hot as the previous days. The plan had been to cook the beef in the slow cooker on the verandah but it's cool enough to have it on the kitchen bench.
 He hehe...our doors look like they have one round eye and one rectangular one!

 This little fellow greets all our guests as they come through the doors...my friend painted him for me about 25 years ago. He emerges from his tissue paper each December, looking as good as new! lol



Over the years I've come to really love the poinsettia as a symbol of Christmas.... 
If our guests come in the back gate, we have a wreath at the back steps to greet them as well...
This photo only shows some of the gifts for our 12 guests tonight...
My friend Pamela made me 2 new tablecloths for Christmas and added some lovely deer table decorations...
Lastly I would like to wish everyone who reads my blog, the very best for a wonderful Christmas. May your Christmas be filled with peace, joy and love. Thank you to those of you who leave comments; they really make my day when you do... Here's a card that I did especially for all of you. (the site is safe)

That same friend also made me this wreath in 2 of my favourite colours (hand dyed with silk paints)

5 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

A lovely post, lovely colours, lovely ornaments and tablecloths with deer decorations. All of them look fabulous.

Have a wonderful Holiday!
Greetings

Anonymous said...

merry xmas to you to Maria and i love the colours of that wreath,just gorgeous.xx

Dorothy said...

Your Christmas decorations look beautiful Maria. I always enjoy reading your blog and I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. xoxoxox

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas Maria! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Maria. I have loved reading your posts this year and look forward to following your blog in 2013. You know your poinsettia table cloth in one photo, I've got an identical one and I love it. It's on the table now ready for breakfast. Must have bought it from the same Brisbane shop as you - perhaps!