Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quirky, quite bizarre? and random...

Today I'm just going to share a number of photos:-

We parked next to this ute in Bendigo. DH remarked that 'the owner must have won the lucky door prize...'

Our hire car in Victoria


During our recent holiday in Victoria, 2 Queenslanders drove around in a hire car which was registered in the Northern Territory!

A little steam engine , a Thomas the Tank engine lookalike, parked at the old station at Maldon, Victoria.  The tracks under it go no where.

A few days after we came home, I was reading the newspaper on the verandah, when I heard a 'cluck cluck' sound. It kept on so I went to investigate...this is what I saw under our house...
I called out to DH that there was a 'chook' (Aussie slang for a hen or chicken) under our house. He thought that I was hallucinating but he came and had a look eventually...




She stayed for about an hour and then headed off to peck around the front garden of a house across the road.
Now for the quite bizarre...
This is what I dug up in one of my vegie patches last week...

It's a sweet potato (the orange variety Kumara) Somehow I think this one was left in the ground from last season. It was very big, very gnarled and pitted.

4 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

What a lot of fun and bizarre! Good on you Maria. I think I would have wet myself laughing at the Dad joke though (lucky door prize).

Maria said...

Yes I thought your DH was very quick with the door joke...
Hmmm the first photo of the sweet potato looks very intersting.

kaiteM said...

What a lot of quirkies you've been having. Did you ever find out who belonged to chookie?

Susan said...

Yes, I loved your DH's door joke too! Good post title - it certainly caught my attention.
Love your chookie visitor and, wow, that's a big sweet potato all right!