Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Life in Colour.

Once again joining in with Jude over at her Travel Words blog for the monthly feature, Life in Colour. This month’s colour is green. This week, Jude has written a post here  about trams/streetcars, with their stunning  green paintwork of course. Her photos of these lovely old beauties are just wonderful! 
My post this week features an eclectic/hotchpotch of ‘greens’. ๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŸข๐ŸŸฉ

Once I had a very bright fresh looking tablecloth for our rather large outdoor table...


The grandchildren liked to count all the different greens in those stripes.
I still have that cloth, but time has taken a toll on that brightness...


Here we are one afternoon last month. Miss 5 has joined us after school for some afternoon tea. The cloth may be faded but look at that very new school uniform...yep! Greens! 

Next, is half way around the world from here. The lovely green painted metal ( and shopping baskets) at Borough Markets in London. 

Lovely memories of a holiday in 2019. We took cheeses, breads, deli meats and fruit from the market back to our holiday apartment in Chelsea. 

And here is another  green in my life...
With Covid-19 came library closures and suddenly I became a lot more enthusiastic about ebooks. I’d bought such books over the years but now I started to borrow them from the library. And BorrowBox is the app that most of the titles I was interested in were available. ( a few still used Overdrive as the reader) 


For me I still love the so called traditional Christmas colours which certainly include green. Last year I made some knitted wreaths as little gifts for friends...some were green...well maybe most were green! Lol




A few years back I was shopping at a Christmas Market at the Karuna Hospice here in Brisbane and spied this elf. The amount of work involved in its making was impressive and the price quite rightly reflected this. But I’d fallen in love and it was a good cause, so the green elf came home with me. 

And I once pinned this next photo on my Pinterest Christmas board...


Now this next photo may look like a big pine undecorated Christmas tree, but looks are deceiving. It’s actually a phone tower in Hawaii. I took the photo through the window of the bus that had taken us on a tour of the island of Kauai. 


What a great way to disguise a phone tower! 
And there will be some more ‘greens’ from me next week. 




6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Lots of fun green photos, but my favorite it the kiwi/raspberry Christmas tree. I hope I remember that for next Christmas.

Jackie said...

Many lovely greens. I do love the kiwi Christmas tree, then again I really enjoy eating a good kiwi.

God bless.

Vireya said...

The kiwifruit Christmas tree looks great! I am also a fan of BorrowBox since someone introduced me to it a few years ago. I can't manage novels as audiobooks, but enjoy non-fiction while I am doing things like sewing and gardening.

Cathy said...

Lovely colour green is - isn’t it. And there’s so much of it around lol. Your ‘kiwi tree’ idea might be a feature at a bbq come Christmas time :)

My Life in Colour gren post will be up next Sunday (and maybe some more the week after).

Maria said...

Lots of lovely green things there....
Love the Elf ๐Ÿ’ฉ pooing out red Christmas baubles.....

Susan said...

Love your collection of greens - I remember you posting the phone tower..clever idea!