Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wool on Sunday...

Once again I'm joining in Rainbow Hare's Wool on Sundays, where bloggers write posts about anything which is yarn themed, and then link it to Janine's blog.
Last year, in a few Wool on Sunday posts, I wrote about a baby blanket that I had been working on. Each post showed the progress I was making. Well just before Christmas, I had finally finished that special project and after a little photo shoot, it was posted off to its new home in Victoria.
Here it is laid out on the bed in one of our bedrooms. Gerald Bear and Dolly who normally 'reside' on this bed, just had to be included in photos.

Then it was all folded up and tied with ribbon...


Now it just so happened that around the same time, the 'mum to be' posted some photos of the newly decorated baby nursery on her Facebook page. I have asked her if I could share those photos on my blog, so here they are.


And on the wall is something very special. My friend, who is the grandma, still had some baby clothes that had been her daughter's. My friend had them framed for the nursery...so precious!


And just a little while ago, little Sally was born and is now home in her lovely nursery.
Thank you Janet and Iain for allowing me to use your photos.

11 comments:

creations.1 said...

Your crochet blanket is beautiful - and will be right at home in the new nursery!

biebkriebels said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, Sofietje is indeed a Silver Tabby British Shorthair, well seen. I see you have also a pretty cat, who gets strange visitors in his bowl!

Maria said...

The crocheted baby blanket is a beautiful gift for Baby Sally.
What a lovely nursery and the framed baby set is gorgeous.

Kate said...

Such a beautiful baby blanket, Maria. Framing the baby clothes is a clever idea.

Susan said...

a gorgeous blanket - and a lovely thought to treasure those knitted baby clothes.

Sharm said...

Your crocheted Baby blanket will be well loved by little Sally and her mum I'm sure , and what a great idea with the baby clothes

Una said...

That picture is such a clever idea. I call that "thinking outside the box" and might borrow the idea one day.

Gail said...

So pretty! Lucky baby!

margaret said...

a very pretty blanket which I am sure as Sally gets older she will treasure. What a lovely idea to frame the baby clothes

Kim said...

Gorgeous baby blanket; it looks so pretty tied up with that sweet ribbon. Gorgeous nursery. LOVE the framed baby set of yesteryear; such a brilliant way to display such a precious keepsake!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your crochet blanket is beautiful. So pretty and it looks very snug and warm too. It will look lovely in that nursery with those adorable framed baby clothes :)