Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Wool on Sunday...

The last week has just flown and it's again time to write a post about ýarny things' and link it to the Rainbow Hare blog. And Janine describes in her post about running out of yarn before a project was finished...don't we all hate that!
This last Sunday was the monthly meet up of Sunday Stitchers.

Some Show and Tell yesterday at Sunday Stitchers
I usually take some sewing/stitchery projects to work on, but yesterday I took a bag of donated crocheted squares with me and the plan was to make up 2 blankets. Well I was a bit ambitious, because despite working steadily throughout the day, I only had time to join 30 squares...which means just one blanket.
The friend who had made the squares used a beige coloured yarn as the final round on each square and she gave me the leftover yarn from this round so I could use it to join the squares.

It was enough to join the squares but sadly it ran out before I could do some rows around the blanket. What could I use that would tie in with the colours already used? 
Then I remembered the bundle of craft items that DH brought home from his older brother's place on Saturday. My sister in law had passed away in late August and her family thought that I would be the right person to find new homes for Bette's craft supplies.
 

So I had a rummage in that striped bag and found some yarn...
 

It is creamy with pink flecks and was perfect for the narrow border...which I'm now working on. 
And then I'll make some time to join those other squares that I mentioned. Those squares are mainly pink too. K4BN give a lot of muted/dark coloured blankets to the homeless but the lighter coloured/pretty colours are just perfect for women's refuges. 

6 comments:

Jackie said...

You are sure good at getting those blankets done. Love the idea of a border in that pink flecked yarn.

God bless.

Dorothy said...

You're amazing to be able to join a whole blanket together in just one day. Do you crochet them or sew them? I think what you've chosen for the border will look lovely. Xox

Nanna Chel said...

Maria, my cousin died recently and she did patchwork and quilting so I have been given some of her patterns and fabrics as well as really good quality cottons. I didn't see her all that often and wasn't aware that she was into craftwork. She had some gorgeous fabric in her stash.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That blanket looks great. I'm glad you found a nice yarn for your border :)
Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

Oh some lady is going to love to receive that blanket, amazing that the right yarn was in the basket from your cousin.

Happy days.
Bev.

diane b said...

Well done, helping others. Do you work with wool in summer?