Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016

Wool on Sundays...or A Mystery Solved!

A few years ago I decided to do the casting on stage of a few knitted blankets. The idea was to then have these potential knitting projects all ready to pick up and start as I finished other projects. You see I've found that after completing something I often fiddle faddle around and sometimes it takes me a while to start something new. This is especially so if I know I have a few hundred stitches to cast on and then there are those first couple of rows to do, setting patterns etc...

This plan to have new projects ready to go worked quite well. But then there was the one that I couldn't find. DH and I were going away and  I particularly wanted to work on this started blanket as other projects had become too big and cumbersome to take travelling. But, despite looking in all my stash 'hidey holes', I couldn't find this cast on blanket. And I gave up looking and started another one.
Then recently, I was looking through all my storage cubes and shelves, searching for blue yarns for the ripple/chevron throw, when I came across this ziplock bag of yarn...

But when I took the time to look more closely, I saw...
yes! A knitting needle! So a little bit more 'digging' and voilĂ ...
The missing project! Over the last few years I would have seen this bag in the storage cube and just dismissed it as a bag of yarns! I plan to start another throw soon but it won't be a chevron. This started one will be handy to work on when I need a change or I need something to work on if we're travelling. 
Linking with Janine's Wool on Sundays. This week, Janine has posted photos of her completed crocheted ripple blanket...it is big and looks stunning!

10 comments:

margaret said...

I so know that searching for process and not finding things, I spend more time looking that which is lost than anything else and when I finally come across the missing thing it is usually when looking for something else!

angela said...

It as in a nice safe place lol I put things in that exact same place and yup. Never find them again for years!

Susan said...

We all do that - put things away in an obvious spot - never to be re found!!!
(I have even had to create lists of where I put things...it doesn't always work though...)you must have quite a collection of circular needles to be able to do that...I'm sure its going to be lovely, beautiful colours.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I'm glad you found it! I always find things when I'm looking for something else. It is a lovely colour and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh, don't we all stash something in a safe place and then can't find it! I have a doll pattern that I put some where 15 years ago. I have hunted for it NUMBEROUS times and found it the other day. Hope I can find it again when I want to make it, lol.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit I found that amusing. =) I don't knit, but if I did, I'd do something like that so easily! I'm still missing a queen sized quilt which was only waiting for borders. I still have the border fabric in case it ever shows up like your knitting start!

Nanna Chel said...

Maria, I come across things I have started or craft 'stuff' I have bought and have completely forgotten about. I don't think my stash is quite as big as yours though as I have only started doing knitting and crochet in the last few years after dabbling in crochet during the granny square craze back in the 1970s.

Kim said...

Isn't it always the ways to find something when you are not looking for it. I have this problem all the time. I am quite certain there is an invisible being playing tricks on me.

Craftandothercrazyplans said...

Great find! I'm always doing things like this.

Craftandothercrazyplans said...

Great find! I'm always doing things like this.