Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot like Easter...

Not much time for blogging lately, but this morning I'm not starting work until 10 am (instead of the more usual 8 or 8.30 am). This change of starting time is so I can work much later than I normally would. 
 Today is the last day of pre poll voting at the office ( the election is tomorrow) and we are open for an extra hour of voting. And just like those in retail find, people will arrive with '5 minutes to spare', just getting in the door before we close. But I digress...starting later means I have time for a short blog post. 
One night last week, I brought out my box of Easter 'stuff'...

And I started to put out some knicknacks...
Some of the old egg cups from the 1950s, who share space with some that are much newer...
My Easter Mini made for me by Anorina in a swap a few years ago and my lovely Easter mug rug which was in a big bundle of goodies ( donated by Helen McCulloch) which I won in a Sunday Stitchers raffle last year...and the little bunny also was a gift one year! 

 

Again most of these are gifts in blog swaps. The little bunny in the white mug was a gift from my roommate Judy at last year's Let's Get Stitched retreat...the bunny is exquisite! 
I haven't decided where my new Easter banner will hang yet, and it's still too hot here, to fill the white China bunny with little Easter eggs...by the time friends and neighbours were offered a chocolate egg, they would have melted somewhat! 

5 comments:

Sharm said...

Oh Maria! I just love your idea of having such a lovely little box to hold your Easter theme bits and bobs in. I don't think I have much in the "Easter" decorating range and I need to still do more sorting out here - but I would like to have some place that could be for our various "holiday" themes throughout the year to add a bit of interest. Take care

Maria said...

Sew nice to decorate your home in an Easter theme with all the lovely things...Oh I remember those old Easter egg cups...

margaret said...

how lovely to have Easter novelties to bring out for Easter. You will be glad when the voting is over and can go back to a more relaxed time

angela said...

The weather here has finally cool. But not cool enough to leave chocolate out. Besides. If it's in the house I'll eat it. So not getting any this year lol seriously I'm like a drug addict when it comes to chocolate

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your Easter decorations are lovely. You have some very sweet ornaments and you've displayed them beautifully :)