Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Shopping trip....

Early in November this year, I had put on my 'Santa list' that I would really like a 2 tier fruit bowl. Having a tiny kitchen with very little bench space I've been finding my fruit bowl can't handle the volume of fruit. We refill it a few times a week with the overflow going into various other bowls. Which means less bench space for food prep. So one day I had the 'lightbulb moment' that a 2 tier bowl could be the answer. 

I remembered those ones from my 50/60s childhood...you know the ones that were a wire framework with thin plastic tubing woven through the wire? I thought a more recent design in wire would be nice, so it went on that list. Now Santa maybe couldn't find one...or more likely, his intermediaries ( the family) couldn't find one????? 😳 Lol.
So today DH and I went to the nearest Howard's Storage World store, and what did we find? Yep...those tiered bowls were there. And now one of them is on our kitchen bench! 
Still lots more room after emptying the contents from the old bowl into the new...
And look what else came home with us...just pure indulgence! Up until now, we've kept the pods in the boxes they come in, but now they have a new home...hmmm, wasn't I trying to clear up bench space???
And instead of 2 small utensil containers, we bought one big one...
So much for decluttering...but I think I have a little bit more bench space. 
(Purely for photographing purposes, the coffee pod holder and the utensils' holder were moved from their 'spots' to get the best light) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howard's Storage is addictive Maria. So you be careful.
We have a branch within a two minute drive from my unit - so I know what I'm talking about. Lol

Susan said...

I agree about Howard's...always lots of clever bits and pieces....I love the fruit one....very attractive

Dorothy said...

It looks like you've 'nailed it' re your bench space problem Maria. We used to have a Howard's here but it vanished when the mall extensions happened as where it used to be is now a walkway. They more or less doubled the shopping space in our Belconnen Mall. I still haven't got used to the new part and where to park, so I tend to stay down the old end which is more familiar. That pod container looks interesting !! Happy new year xox

angela said...

Love them. I haven't heard about that shop. I might have to hunt one down lol love the pod holder so very snazzy