Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Still flitting around...

Last Friday morning I was checking the 'Digest' of the forum page of K4BN when I noticed the reminder for the first Knit and Natter to be held at Kallangur, just north of Brisbane  I had forgotten all about it and it was that afternoon. So I headed off just after lunch for the Kallangur Library. I'd worked out the route to take on Google maps and found the right place with no trouble at all. There were 6 of us all together but one lady had to leave early as she had an appointment. It was great to meet some more members of the group.



Bev, closest to the camera, Heather, Jenny and the organiser, Diane. Jenny and I 'knew' each other  through the group's Facebook page as well as reading each other's blogs. It was great to meet up in person!

Some of the bags of yarn donations brought along by Diane.

Diane, buys squares from op shops and sews them into blankets for the group

This is the rug that Diane is sewing up at the moment. She plans to make it quite large...'for a family' she said.

Heather is holding up a 'daggy jumper' which is for a campaign to get warm clothes for  Brisbane Youth services to hand out to clients. As I find out more about that campaign, I'll write about it. It's scheduled for June, that event.
 So that was Friday...On Saturday I went to Gabby lovely yarn store at Grovely for the monthly K&N there.
Sue who drives up from the Beaudesert area most months to be part of this group, had been busy! These are some of her lovely creations...






Later in the morning, Bernie dropped in to the store bringing a bag of her lovely crocheted toys...


 Here's Karen holding up some of the crocheted dolls that Bernie made...


I could only stay at the K&N for an hour as DH and I were going up to the Ipswich area to support a friend who was having her head shaved to raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation...and I wrote about this in a previous post...
But here are 2 photos taken by another friend of Annie's who was standing on the other side of Annie from where I took my photos...




Annie's DH has leukaemia and that's what inspired Annie to shave (and get lots of sponsors). 

Now for the last month, every Thursday night I head off to another group...but not for knitting :-) 
For the first time in many many years, I decided I wanted to join one of  Lenten Study groups in our parish. It's been so long since I've participated in one of these, and how things have changed! Granted some of my fellow group members were in my study groups years ago, but it's the technology and its help with homework that's different. The bible is online...many different versions. Our 'materials' have sets of questions...I google them (the questions) and always find ideas of how those questions can be answered. I admitted that I did that and the others thought it was a great idea! However, I've also realised that in my group, we're 'old enough' and confident enough to say when we don't have an answer to a question...that is so liberating! One more Thursday night session to go and I can say I've really enjoyed the discussions and shared stories. 



2 comments:

Vireya said...

Busy busy busy! Is this why people say once they have retired that they don't know how they ever had time to go to work?

Naturally Carol said...

I go to a bible study every Wednesday morning and love it. This morning it was all about Abigail..a courageous and resourceful woman. It is a lot of fun studying with other people as the insights every person brings inspire the whole lot of us. Have a wonderful time with your studies!