Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some very pleasant surprises...

You know how sometimes things just go so well and it gives you a real boost :-) ? Well just in the last few days that's happened to me!
I didn't mention anything to anyone except my immediate family but a few weeks ago my DD1 had a bit of a health scare. In a routine check-up appointment at her GP, the doctor found 2 lumps in one of DD1's breasts. Scary stuff...we spent time with her trying to 'say all the right things'; took her out for coffee and shopping and we also went along with her for her ultra sound. Then after, not quite 2 weeks, she has been given the all clear...cysts not cancerous lumps. Phew...such a relief!

Sitting in the waiting room of Lime Radiology... I tried to get a photo of the sign  under the TV...it said that if you suspected that you may have a cold, please ask the staff on the desk for a mask!




Then today, just as I'd finished struggling up climbing the hill that leads up to Fingal lighthouse, (will write another post about this adventure) and I was taking a photo of the lighthouse with my phone when it 'dinged' with a message! It was from Robyn, my swap buddy in Sue's cushion swap. The message was thanking me for the cushion and Robyn said that she had also left a message on my home phone. When DH and I arrived home later this afternoon I played back the message from Robyn. It was such a beautiful and appreciative message ...Robyn has been quite unwell and receiving the cushion really brightened up her day, she said. So my cushion has gone to a very special person and will have a great life in Robyn's sewing room...feels good eh?  And thank you dear friends for all those nice comments on my last post about the swap. 

All nicely settled and 'living' in Sydney now...


When I got home this afternoon I'd been without Internet for about 32 hours; self imposed denial to see if I could do it! lol So when I checked my emails, I found that I had one from Jodie over at Ric Rac. I had won   the  Giveaway from Tuesday of last week.! Completely blew me away!! lol  So I get the latest Vignette magazine which features a pattern by Jodie. This pattern is for the very cute 'Mrs Sausage Dog' and also in my prize booty will be fabrics to make Mrs Sausage Dog with! Hopefully Jodie won't mind me 'borrowing' a photo of  her lovely toy. What a little sweetie to add to my list of 'to do' projects! 

Thank you Jodie!!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

So pleased to hear the good news - what a scare though ! Your cushion is lovely and has obviously gone to a very good home. Enjoy the rest of your week. xox

Maria said...

So pleased to hear all is well with your DD...
Lucky Robyn being the recipient of your gorgeous cushion.Sew good that it cheered her up...
What a lovely win too Maria...

Susan said...

Hi Maria, what a great relief for your DD!
Loved your post (I have a lot of catching up to do, so will be back soon).
Your cushion is beautiful, so Robyn is indeed very lucky.
Love the Mrs Sausage Dog too - a lot of fun to make I'm sure.
Cheerio for just now :D)

Tanya Murray said...

Phew! Very good news and I love that you count your blessings in the simple things and other people's enjoyment.

kaiteM said...

Good news comes n 3's, so all is well. I remember the first time i found a cyst lump too, i can well appreciate the worry of the past 2 weeks. Tell her to expect more now and learn where they are as they do reoccur.
Your gorgeous cushion has brought good medicine to your friend, that's excellent.