Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Some more of those, 'Things that make me smile' photos...

Once again I'm posting some of those photos from a former Facebook project. Some are quirky, some are cute but the common thread is that I can't help but smile when I look at them.
Here's Karl (our future Son-i-L) with the cake made for his birthday by Jane and Nikki. The big grin on his face is so infectious! (the cake is a car because Karl loves restoring cars)


The next photo is of DH and our little dog Ozzie who died over 2 years ago, aged 14. I had just bathed her and DH was giving me a hand by towelling her dry...which was always a good excuse for lots of 'doggie cuddles'!
 This time DH is cuddling William. William's mum and our youngest DD are best friends from way back and on this day we went to William's baptism. Here he (William) has changed out of his finery and is dressed for comfort at the party afterwards!


Most schools where I taught would always have a staff luncheon on Melbourne Cup Day. Dailene, this teacher, won the Best Hat award this particular year...and she also has an infectious smile :-)


I often wished that I owned a rocking horse when I was a child...well here is a giant one! Just outside of Adelaide in South Australia


The next photo is an old one...dad and I in the city Botanical Gardens, Brisbane.

The next photo is DD2 at Sports Day in Year 1 or 2. She is second in line...

Our cat Lina would often sit in unusual positions...here's her favourite leaning over position. She died last year and this photo brings back so many special memories...


Lina, at it again...this time with her front paws crossed daintily!
 I love the story of Noah and saw this pottery version of the story in an Oxfam store in New Zealand. It's made in Sth America and the sale of it benefits the community where it was made...that, plus the fact that I'd fallen in love with it, was enough for me to buy it and bring it home to Australia.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Lovely post of some lovely memories.

Dorothy said...

The big rocking horse brings back memories for me too. We lived in Adelaide for 8 years back in the '80s and often took our girls there. xox

Maria said...

I enjoyed seeing some of your favorite photos maria.
Thanks for sharing

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Maria, these photo's are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and letting us into your private world. It's funny... that even though I didn't live these moments they made me smile too :)

Claud said...

Ms. Lina was a cutie, but all your photos are lovely and full of fun memories. Big hug,