Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Make-grow-thrift...

Joining Jodie of Haby Goddess as usual for this Monday feature...
This week I have 3 kitten blankets made and ready to post off to Toowoomba where they will be used for bedding for kittens at the Animal Angels refuge. This was one of the choices for K4BN's June challenge.
One blanket I crocheted while on holiday in Victoria. I had another project (knitting) that I took with me but the poor lighting in the motel rooms meant that it was easier to crochet. Another kitty blanket was sewn from a remnant of thick polar fleece that I found at Spotlight.




The third blanket was actually a very misshapen crocheted square that had been donated. I crocheted a number of rows around it to get it to the required size. I don't think the kittens will notice the 'bumps' and the crookedness of the section in the middle. lol!
Last week in 'Make-grow- thrift' I wrote about a throw that I'd made for an ex student. I had asked her, when she was feeling better, if she could get a photo of herself with the throw. I explained that my just taking a photo of my work draped over a chair, it is quite lifeless. Things always look better with a person using or wearing the items. Well yesterday Olga posted some photos of herself at The Bluff, Devonport, Tasmania and she kindly has allowed me to use her photos. It is so nice to see her starting to get back her vitality.




2 comments:

Becky said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS OF YOUR FRIEND! They are so awesome and I'm glad she is feeling a bit better.

Susan said...

Olga looks like she's thoroughly enjoying her time at the seaside - as well as your beautiful throw.