Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

Work...a 4 letter word...

In my last post, I mentioned that DH is running the election office for one of the electorates in the coming state election. And guess who is the Election Assistant in that office? Yep, it's yours truly. While DH has been busy organising polling places, training booth staff, sorting out resources for the polling booths and a 'million' other tasks, I've been taking pre poll votes and working on personnel records. 
So no crochet hooks, knitting needles or sewing needles for me at the moment...more likely to be these...
And this...
But yesterday morning I was using these...
A mop and bucket! We had had a fair bit of rain overnight and due to a blocked down pipe, our office flooded...and most of the water pooled around the entry...:-(


But it was all fixed by mid afternoon and no voter slipped...which is what we were concerned about. 
It is 3 years since I last did this temporary job, and what a difference those 3 years make! I'm exhausted at the end of the day...just enough energy to feed the cat and us...and not long after that...I'm asleep! Lol. 
My next post will be for the Grow Your Blog party, linking up with Vicki Boster...

2 comments:

Nanette said...

It doesn't take long for retirement to feel very comfortable, hey Maria. You could always take your hooks for those quiet times.

Susan said...

Better the office than home!!!
And I'm sure moping the floor would add to the "feeling exhausted" !!