Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Saturday after Christmas...

A few weeks before Christmas my DD1 invited me to have brunch with her on the Saturday after Christmas. With DH being in hospital it looked like we would have to postpone, but DH had insisted that I still go. Then on the Friday evening he got the news that the cardiologist would be visiting him in the morning and DH naturally wanted me to be there. So DD1 and I postponed. Then at 6.30am the next day, DH rang to say that the doctor had already been and he urged me to keep the brunch date with my daughter. So more phone calls and by 10am I was driving into the carpark of Edens Nursery at Carseldine. 

Cafe customers walk through the gift shop area to the cafe at the back...

We were meeting at the Dragonfly Cafe there. We had a lovely catch up over our delicious breakfasts. Then we went for a wander through the Nursery's gift shop and then through all the plants for sale outside. I had been thrilled when my daughter chose this venue, as I had been given a gift voucher for the nursery by my stepchildren and their partners. I got it for my birthday last year but hadn't spent it. 

DD1 enjoyed walking around looking at all the goodies in the gift shop area. Funny I did not notice on the day I was there, that 'birdhouse' looking item on the top shelf on the left...hmmm
I love this place! we walked around...and around...with me trying to decide what to buy at the best value. I had already decided I wouldn't buy things like potting mix and fertilisers...maybe something whimsical like a small statue...or maybe something expensive like a special bromeliad! I eventually settled on plants...

Walking around all the plants...



And this is the box of plants that I left with...two bromeliads, a gorgeous geranium and a hydrangea. 

So photos were sent to the wonderful young people who gave me the gift voucher. 
It had been a lovely morning spending time with my older daughter...and spending my gift card! lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria what a lovely place to go to,thats my kind of cafe,glad you had a lovely time.xx

Claud said...

I love purchasing plants and if they are free (with a gift card) even better. Enjoy your planting. It's too cold for me to even think about doing anything outside right now. But I am looking forward to our Summer time. Big hug,
Claud

Cynthia said...

Great name, Dragonfly Cafe, and fun that it is located in a nursery. You will enjoy the plants from your gift card for a long time!

Susan said...

Lovely plants, but I think you might need to go look at that birdhouse again...it is so cute!

Mizumatte said...

what a lovely place to eat lunch and the go round among all those things and plants, I like you selection of plants. I just can' t be in the same shop with plants without shopping at least a tiny plant ;) I'm not so good to take care of them always.take care Jaana