Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Santa Sack Swap 2014...

Yes I'm still catching up with blog posting and this post I will show the gifts that I received in the Santa Sack Swap. My partner was Christine from MacDonald's Patch blogspot, and I was lucky enough to meet Christine during Let's Get Stitched, last year in Melbourne.
In this swap we had to make a sack, stocking or bag and then fill this with 5 gifts...the rule being that the majority of the gifts should be handmade. Christine certainly spoiled me!
The first thing I saw when I opened the post bag was the bag...the fabrics used were beautiful and I especially loved the Christmas elves and fairies on the panel insert...gorgeous! 

The next parcel revealed...
A sweet little tote bag with a beautifully embroidered panel on the front, in which were threads,and coordinating fat quarters. The little tin with a reindeer on the lid opened to reveal a little stitchery kit, complete with fabric, needle and thread. So cute!
The next parcel revealed...
A lovely apron and tea towel set...and the fabric that I had loved in the Santa sack bag was also used to make this set. I was rapt!

The next parcel revealed...

A beautiful Wall Hanging and hanger. Christine designed this herself and it is so poignant...I love it!
The next parcel was unwrapped...
And inside was a table runner made with some more beautiful fabrics. Christine also included a beautiful red textured candle on a sweet little glass stand...just perfect!
And one more parcel to unwrap...
Christine made these 2 beautiful decorations for me...the stitching is exquisite and the beading and the star button add that bling factor to them...absolutely beautiful!
I was certain spoiled by Christine! Thank you again Christine for all these beautiful gifts; I will treasure them all!
Thank you also to Cheryll for organising this swap each year.
(My family now ask me if they notice something handmade that they haven't seen before, ' That's nice/lovely/beautiful. Did you make that or did you get it in a swap?' The answer is usually the latter! lol)

8 comments:

Marit Johanne said...

Beautiful gifts you got! I wish you a happy new year with good health for both your husband and you!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lucky you to be spoilt by Christine...gorgeous gifts...enjoy your new goodies...

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria ,i love all your gifts from Christine,this is such a lovely swap,enjoy your gifts my friend.xx

Sue (this n that) said...

Wow Maria, Christine's gifts are quite splendid :D)

margaret said...

well you certainly had a wonderful sack full of delights, Christine is one very talented lady

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic gifts

Susan said...

Lovely things.

Christine M said...

Hi Maria, I'm just catching up on blog reading. I'm so glad you liked the gifts I sent you. I really enjoyed putting your parcel together.