Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Day...

DH and I spent Christmas Day with my BiL, SiL and their families. Lunch was at 12.30...my SiL always insists that we bring nothing...she does all the food preparation. I always insist on bringing something along for the buffet. This year it was a garden salad that I prepared.
DH let the hungrier guests go first! lol

This was my plate...far too much food! But I ate it all! lol
We had the usual bonbons...this is DH's cousin and her husband...

And like some of the other guests, we wore the paper crowns that were hidden in our bon bons :-)


No paper crowns for this lot! lol.In the next photo, attention is on my BiL's sweet little great granddaughter, who sat on an ordinary chair and fed herself in a very competent manner for an 18 month old. Proud grandma, BiL's daughter, is sitting on Layla's left.

After lunch, my BiL took some of us on a tour around the rooms to show off my SiL's latest Christmas tapestries, which were magnificent...Mary always says when we marvel at her work, that she just sits and stitches each evening! As though it's no big deal :-/
 The details in these are gorgeous...
 Some of the other decorations...



It didn't seem long after lunch, when afternoon tea was announced...I just stuck with a cup of coffee and left the others to sample the cannoli, the melting moments and Christmas cake!
By the time we went home at 5, we felt like we didn't need to eat for a week! lol. 

7 comments:

creations.1 said...

a lovely Christmas Day Maria. Your SIL's tapestries are beautiful! We seem to eat just for the sake of eating on Christmas Day don't we.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I’m glad you had a good day for Christmas. It is always nice to spend the day with friendly faces.

Susan said...

Sounds like a happy day - and I bet you did esat the next day!!

Cynthia said...

What fun, and delicious food. Her Christmas decorations are really beautiful.

Cynthia said...

Oops, I meant to ask, what are melting moments?

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria it sounds like the perfect day and love the tapestries,your SIL is very clever.xx

Unknown said...

Those Xmas Wallhangings are Beautiful Glad you had a Lovely Xmas...