Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

The housewarming gift from Brunswick Heads...

In early November last year, DH and I spent a week in the NSW coastal town of Brunswick Heads. During that week, DH played golf in a 3 day competition and I stitched and knitted to my heart's content while he did that.


We normally stay in a cabin in the Ferry Reserve Park on the Brunswick River. This is a beautiful location but unfortunately all the cabins in the place had been booked out for that week. Instead, DH had found us a lovely house to rent closer in to town.
I would sit and stitch at the little table at the front...


The gardens at this complex of houses were beautiful! This was my view as I sat and stitched...


A favourite spot to sit in the late afternoon/evenings...


A closer look at the birdbath...I loved it!

Our friends had secured a van site at Ferry Reserve, so we visited them on our first afternoon...
For a little while I felt a twinge of regret that we were not able to stay there, as it is a beautiful spot...

 But 'our home away from home for 7 days' was pretty special too so the 'twinges of regret' didn't last long! lol
The Ferry Reserve Park is right on the river bank..,



It was lovely catching up with our friends and. as always, we got a lovely welcome from Charleigh, their dog...


On one of the days when DH and his friends were playing golf, my friend Mary and I met Nanette, a fellow blogger, for lunch in Brunswick Heads. We went to Yami's...


The food was wonderful! All three of us had the 'Avo Smash' which was avocado, chopped tomatoes, onion, herbs and a delicious lemon dressing...served on sourdough . Yum!

After lunch, Nanette and I went for a walk along part of the street and decided to have a look in a gift shop. We both fell in love with some measuring cups from Australian designers, MOZI, and we both bought them as gifts...my set I planned to give DsD2 as a housewarming gift when she and her husband moved into the home they had just bought.
Now these aren't your average measuring cups...



We both found out later that MOZI is an Aussie company started by 2 sisters in their father's garage. Needless to say the business has grown somewhat since then, and has outgrown dad's garage. Nanette and I didn't know all this before we bought them...we just knew we loved them!
My DsD2 loves them too!

It's not too late to leave a comment on the 5 Giveaway posts, preceding this one. All 5 Giveaways will be drawn on Monday, January 19, 7pm AEST. 
Thank you for all the lovely comments regarding the items I've chosen to celebrate the 1000 posts' milestone.


12 comments:

Mizumatte said...

what a lovely housewarming gift, I looked at the homepage of MOZi too and thought what a good thing there isn't any Mozi here because it would be a very expensive for my wallet. take care Jaana

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Maria, your holiday home for a week looked really nice - a lovely neat garden with lots of pretty spots to enjoy. It looks like it'd be popular with the birds too.
A great pic of you with Charleigh.
Mmmm I like the look of the vegetarian cafe - it's always beaut what they come up with... that avo smash sounded yum.
Gorgeous measuring cups... great colours.
Hope DH went well with his golfing.
Cheers now :D)

Lin said...

A lovely trip away Maria and those measuring cups are a super gift. xx

Anonymous said...

What a lively trip you had Maria. I must keep the details for the next time I head down that way.

I love the measuring cups. There is a gift shop in James Street New Farm/Valley where they were having a sale just before Christmas and they had some lovely measuring cups in the shape of daisies from the same company. I bought a set for a friend. I was tempted to keep them !!

Christine M said...

Sounds like a lovely place to visit, Maria. They are certainly not your average measuring cups!

Nanette said...

Maria was very tempted too, Jean....I was surprised when she managed to part with them! I had a lovely day with you Maria, your company, visiting your deluxe villa, eating scrumptious food and shopping...couldn't have been better.

Cynthia said...

Such fun measuring cups! And a lovely table with a view to do accompany your needlework while hubby golfed. I'm sure you enjoyed the holiday.

linny said...

I love the look of the Ferry reserve Park, looks like a good spot to visit.
The measuring cups are just beautiful.
lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

Sandy said...

Love those measuring cups! I did wonder if you considered yarn bombing that bird bath....

Karina L said...

These are the most colourful measuring cups I have seen!

Julz said...

I love these cute cups!

This Mummy Maze said...

So in love with those measuring cups they would be right at home in my kitchen.