Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas all packed away...

Over the last week I have been steadily packing away the Christmas decorations. Some friends of ours from Banora Point were planning to visit us when they came to Brisbane this week, so that was a good incentive to get everything packed away. 
Since I've been blogging, I've been inspired by others who arrange displays on shelves, mantelpieces or hutches, so I started to do that too :-)
My hutch 'dressed up' for Christmas...
 
And since yesterday, a new display...favourite china with its pinks, mauves and blues...


A closer look at the mini quilt on the stand. Lyn (no blog ) made that for me last year...it's beautiful!


And a closer look at the vintage doily/tray cloth...
A few years ago, I saw this lovely stitchery on Ebay...I rather liked it :-). I got into a bit of a 'bidding war' with other Ebayers and ended up paying a bit more than I anticipated...but it was worth it! :-) It is in excellent condition, the colours and the stitching are beautiful and it gets used quite a lot. 
Now I thought that I had packed everything Christmassy away...then I noticed the tinsel and stars wrapped around the railings near the veranda door...oops! Lol

6 comments:

Susan said...

Those sneaky decorations!
That doily is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria your hutch looks lovely decorated,you did really well with the Xmas decorations and boy how lovely does your hutch look with that pretty crockery and the Doiley is gorgeous xx

Maria said...

Your redecorated Hatch looks lovely. Lyn's mini looks great.

Cynthia said...

Your dishes and needlework look lovely displayed on your hutch. I like to keep nice things out where I can enjoy them every day. (Except for the dusting!)

kraftier said...

lovely china and the mini quilt is so cute

debbie said...

That is a beautiful stitchery. I try to use pretty things too! xx