Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I feel very blessed today...

It's been a busy day today and a very good day too! Firstly this morning I went to a Knit and Natter at Albany Creek. Two ladies there are working on  throws using the chevron pattern that has become almost like my signature pattern (there's one in my banner) , and today 2 other ladies indicated that they are going to start one in the next day or so.  One lady, Helen, is going to post a photo of hers on Ravelry when her rug is finished. It looks great by the way!

Now just have a look at the lovely Easter surprises I got at the Albany Creek K&N... isn't this so cute! And no sugar! 


I put her in my little blue willow egg cup :-)

Look at her cute hat!

Then look what Karen's husband Peter, got especially for me because, as he said, he didn't want me to feel left out when he gave out chocolate Easter eggs. This was just such a lovely gesture and I really appreciate Peter's thoughtfulness.




I headed for home then, where I quickly put on some beef to roast in the slow cooker because my DD2 and her housemate were coming for dinner. (These two, along with another friend are off to Thailand for 16 days on Friday and DH and I are minding Jimmy Hans, DD2's pup, my furry grandson :-). So he arrived tonight along with his bed, toys, treats and food. ) 

Then this afternoon I headed off to Sisters of Stitch and had a lovely time...stitching, oh and some knitting too!! I took along some fabrics to give to a young friend there who belongs to the Sunshine Linus group. Last SOS gathering Nicky had told me that the group needed fabrics so that they could continue to make quilts for children in hospitals awaiting treatment especially young cancer patients. So I went through my stash, took photos of the fabrics and emailed  these to Nicky to see if they were suitable...they were, so I took those in today. 



This panel I had bought at a market in the UK...
 The rest of the pieces that I've given to Sunshine Linus are mostly from 'scrapbags' that I bought from eQuilter. I might have used them one day but it's much better to have these bits and pieces used up now and making quilts to provide comfort to sick children here in Queensland hospitals.

This cot sized panel was in one scrapbag...
 Now this next one...I bought this in the late 1990s to make a cot quilt for a friend's baby...hmmm I think I ended up buying a gift that time...so out it goes!


 These fairy/elves/pixie panels were also in a scrapbag...


This is a cloth book panel length...also in a scrapbag...Paddington Bear...love him!




These are just scraps but both Nicky and Judie assured me they will be useful!


Just a narrow strip of Paddington

Now I wonder what the ladies can do with this panel length...all the days of the week!


So instead of these taking up space here at my place waiting for 'one day', the clever ladies of Sunshine Linus will turn them into something useful...how good is that???
Now today I also got a parcel from Norway...from my swap buddy in the Mug Rug Swap...now these are  special so I'm going to write about them in the next post...showcase them on their own :-) 

5 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Maria, I so agree that it is far better for fabrics to be used rather than sit around. I've just sent a bag of scraps to a friend who does beautiful quilting and applique but doesn't have a lot of fabric to use. I think she'll make something lovely out of it. I am sure yours will be used wonderfully too.

Maria said...

You have had a great day out knitting and nattering as well as stitching and bitching, or maybe not that...LOL
Sew many gorgeous scraps that will be made into beautiful for some to snuggle under. Lovely gesture Other Maria....

Maria said...

Okay it's late...
Beautiful quilts for someone to snuggle under.......

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful fabrics Maria.
Going to a wonderful cause.

Justjen said...

Love those quilt panels they will make lovey quilts for the kids :-)