Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday went in a whirl...

Yesterday morning I ironed some donations that a friend of my SIL had given me for K4BN. I had hoped to iron all the bags that had been made and donated but after 45 minutes I had had enough ironing so the rest of those items will be handed in another time...

A pile of ironed tote style bags

Another pile of drawstring bags...
 And the same generous donor also sent along a bag of toiletries...


The reason for the frenzy of ironing was that the monthly Albany Creek Knit and Natter was yesterday morning. As usual I had a lovely time catching up with the other ladies and admiring all the items they had made or were working on...


Among the donations there yesterday were some cute knitted toys...

Diane who had knitted the toy dogs...
 And just look at this cute little knitted elephant...


And then there were some beautiful throw rugs handed in as well...

We all loved the colours in Noela's crocheted rug

Another corner to corner afghan from Sharon...
I finally handed in the 'orphan block' rug and also that big bag of beanies!

I had to leave the K&N a little earlier than usual because the  Sisters of Stitch group was also meeting yesterday, but in the afternoon thank goodness.
I had worked on indigenous crocheted squares at the K&N but in the afternoon I switched to knitting the first sleeve of a child's jumper (in the foreground) I'm working on at the moment 


Nikki was cutting strips for another Sunshine Linus quilt that she is making...

Cheryl and Richelle brought along some stitching...
A busy day but a delightful and productive one!

No comments: