This photo was taken last Monday night when a group of old schoolfriends gathered to celebrate a friend's 60th. we gathered at Valerie's home who is standing next to me in the photo. So what are some things that come to mind when I look at the photo?
- We all went to Newmarket High in the 1960s
- I'm the odd one out in a kind of way; I was in the 10A2D class, the others were in 10C1 which was a commercial studies class.
- Valerie's son James, took the photo with the instructions,'don't make us look fat!' lol
- It was an unbelieveably hot evening with temperatures in the 30s celcius.
- Most of the group left in Year 10 to start working.
- Two of us trained as teachers but only Christine (middle of back row) is still teaching.
- All of us have children.
- One of us, Valerie, is a widow.
- Two of the group are still married to their first husbands
- Three of us have been through a divorce
- Alison, in the white, is now in the process of her second divorce.
- The three of us in the front row are not grandparents yet
- All of us have travelled overseas and two of us have lived overseas for a time.
- Six of us live in Brisbane; the birthday girl lives in Sydney.
- A couple of the 'girls' have at least one parent alive.
- Some of us admit to joints stiffening and the dependence on reading glasses.
- Three of us don't work but one of those is looking for work as investment returns are disappointing.
- We enjoy recounting anecdotes of our school days.
- We tease Jane, front left, for forgetting that we used to do sewing at primary school. She's blocked out ant memories of those samplers we stitched! lol
- Sue (white hair in back row) hated high school :-(
- All of us have a Facebook page and we are big fans of the social networking site as that's how we've found lots of other classmates.
- On Sunday we are all meeting at Alison's new place for a deck party to celebrate her moving into a new home. Alison has downsized and says that the deck is the largest part of the house!
Ta dah....!!!! From out of a storage crate in the crawl space under our house...please ignore the creases as it's been in storage a looong time! lol
|The uniform that I wore in Years 11 and 12|
|The hat that was introduced when I was in year 11 to replace the old panama white hats|