Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Missing...

I guess I've been a bit lax in the blog writing area these last couple of weeks. Only one reason for this...I've been a bit busy! 
One thing that has taken up my time is making my annual donation to the parish Art and Craft Show. Each year I make a knitted throw, enter it, and if it sells, I forgo the 75% share of the proceeds and donate the lot to the parish funds. This makes up for the many times each year that I don't really help that much at Parish fundraising. (I rarely bake these days for example)
This year though, I knitted 2 throws...one to sell and one to raffle! Both are mohair and both use a simple slip stitch pattern and both were fun to knit!
The first one finished was the one to be raffled so we could pre-sell tickets...I called this one 'Memories of Marge' in honour of an elderly parishioner who passed away late last year. She had purchased my donated throw last year as well as one I made about 3 years ago.
My labels;which are from Moira Wallis in Melbourne...I last bought labels in 2006 and in case Moira is retired as I've bought her labels for 20 years or so, I have another label maker's name from Shez.

And yesterday I handed over the second rug which will be arranged on display ready for a buyer at this weekend's Art Show! 
This photo shows the back of the throw...it's just 'resting' after a light blocking...

This one I've named ' No Rhyme or Reason' as it is just random colours. 
Regular readers will notice that 'random' in this case means many of my favourite colours! :-)
More posts soon on all the other busy things I've been up to!


9 comments:

Cath said...

Stunningly gorgeous!

Dorothy said...

Both are beautiful Maria. I hope the Parish get lots of money from these two gorgeous rugs. I'm sure the winner (and buyer) will be thrilled. It must have taken you ages to knit them - makes me feel hopeless as I've been crocheting a rug (on and off) for about 2 years, maybe more !!! xox

Susan said...

Yes, a very Maria random selection of colours!
and such a generous thing to do!

Anthea said...

beautiful work Maria, I love the names you gave the pieces!!

Lin said...

They are both beautiful and I hope that raise lots of money for your Church. xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Maria. I am so impressed with these beautiful throws. Anyone winning or buying these throws is a very lucky person. Just the thing for these cold mornings in Brisbane.
I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front too but I read all of your posts with great interest.
Best wishes. Jean.

Fiona said...

that throw is just beautiful.... and bet it is so snuggly...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous...

Marit Johanne said...

The colors are beautiful! I am sure someone will be happy to win or to buy one of those.