Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hexies!

I was reading a fellow blogger's post which was an update on the Geta Grama project that Vireya has embarked upon, when I noticed that the post had been linked to a post of another blogger, Sarah, who is also addicted to hexagons. 
Sarah invited other hexie lovers to link to her post and as I do have a EPP project on the go at the moment, I thought that I would join in as well.
I had a number of long hexagons cut out of Christmas fabrics, left over from various projects and each month when I attend the Sunday Stitchers' meet up, I grab this bag of hexies and papers. It's an ideal project for when I want to talk rather than concentrate on fine stitching etc. :-)
I decided that I would make another table centre/runner with these leftovers and last Sunday at our most recent meetup, I managed to get a fair bit done.


And here is a link to Vireya's post on her progress with Geta's Flower Ball quilt...what Vireya has done so far is magnificent!
Ooops, too late! Sarah's link is closed!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Love your long hexies Maria

Jeanette said...

Love the hexies Maria. Hugs,xx

Susan said...

Probably a good thing Sarah clsoed her link - I checked out Vireya's blog - love all the thing Geta does and Vireya's will eb amazing in those colours. Looking forward to what you add to your long hexies.

Helen said...

Looking terrific Maria... you did do well on Sunday.

Helen

Vireya said...

It's a shame you missed Sarah's link-up! But she has them every month on the 17th (18th here by the time it is up). I don't always join in, but this month it happened to coincide with me working on part of my flower ball. Thanks for the nice comments about it!

Your Christmas runner looks good! Will it be double-sided? Or will you appliqué them to a background fabric?

Noela said...

Your hexies are looking great Maria. Great day on Sunday. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great hexies....