I continued to work on my hexie flowers for an Instagram swap that I signed up for. The plan had been that I would work on the project while we travelled so that when we arrived home, I would have them all ready to post. Didn't happen did it? I needed better light and my magnifier was definitely needed, neither of which I had with me, so progress was extremely slow.
I had glued a number of hexies to the papers whilst on holiday so have been doing a few stitching sessions this last week. Last night during FNwF saw the most progress...but still a lot to do. The flowers in the foreground were a request for 'mix it up'; others wanted the 'petals' cut from the same fabric and the other pair were 'eye spy' with 'mix it up' petals.
The flowers ( we have to make 2 for each person in our group of 17 people) have to be sent to the members of the group by September 30, but I had received some before we left on our trip on July 22 and there were another 7 lots waiting for me when I got home last week. They are all so beautiful; the fabrics used are so pretty.
First photo is the hexie flowers I received in July...
And the ones which arrived while we were away. It was like Christmas opening all the envelopes! :-)
We had to list the colours/ themes etc that we wanted. No surprises...I asked for blues, teals and purples :-)
Oh well, instead of writing about stitching these, I'd best get on and stitch some more!