Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

What's been happening next door...

Last time I did an update on the building work next door, I mentioned that the scaffolders had been busy on the site...

The floors for the first level have all been finished and the bricklayers were back working on the walls for the next level...
 These brickies 'don't muck about'...progress on the walls is quite swift.

A closeup of the scaffolding...we find it very noisy when the tradies are putting up the scaffolding...

Here's a view from our front veranda, looking up the side boundary...


Then the next day the scaffolders were back again...building their frameworks even higher!
It must have been hot work! lol Extending the scaffolding another level was a long and noisy project...


The next photo is taken through my kitchen window...

So in the afternoon, while the scaffolders are busy building up the levels, along came the concrete pumper truck ready to pour concrete into the walls that the brickies had built the day before...it was now very noisy!

In the next photo I'm standing near our back fence...



 Now I'm standing near the back steps to our side veranda...


Now while all that was going on, these 2 supervisors were keeping a critical  eye on the progress...
DH and our lovely neighbour Tom, watching all the work being done...

The next couple of days, the carpenters/joiners came in...

Here the frame for one wall is being assembled...
 An hour or so later, the walls' framework is up in place...

These builders worked up until Friday afternoon; the team working their way around all 7 houses...

So late Sunday afternoon I did a walk around the fenceline of this development to get some photos of the progress...I started just near our back fence...

These are garages of some of the houses...
 I crossed the street to take this shot of the corner block that is being developed...a glimpse of our house is on the far right of the photo

Still in the back street here...

What a jumble of 'stuff' here!


 Hmmm...the council built footpath has started to crack after all those trucks and heavy equipment have been driving over it and parking on it :-(


These would be houses #3 and 4. These houses are 95 and 85 square metres in area respectively; small eh??

Remember last time I wrote that my neighbour had enquired about the prices of these small houses...they are being marketed in the high $400K...how greedy is that? 


The next photo is the the house right on the corner... it is the largest at 161 sq metres

 
Now I'm walking along our street towards our house...


 One more photo...I went across the road to the opposite footpath, to take this photo...


So that's the progress up until last Sunday.





5 comments:

creations.1 said...

You are going to be very closed in when it all finished Maria - and yes 400k's is greedy in my book too!! I guess the developers will retire on a good income!!

Susan said...

I think 161 sq metres is virtually a palace! Still, they will probably sell fast enough.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Maria. Always interesting.

I hope Harcourts give you a slice of the action for your promotion of their townhouses. Lol

Unknown said...

Are these going to throw a lot of shade over your garden and will any windows overlook or look into your home? I would hate to be built in like this. Noise, traffic etc ... makes me cringe to think of it. You seem to be quite happy with it all, I'm amazed. Sue

Naturally Carol said...

Wow! They are tiny! I think they will all be very envious of your beautiful house and back yard!