Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

How's the building work going?...

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last building progress update, when the garage wall of #1 townhouse was completed, thus giving me a new 'vista' from my kitchen window. 
The wall is growing...
 Within the hour, it is completed...


Eventually there will be a wooden fence built so I won't see so much of that dreadful grey brick...and I have plans. Because of the buildings next door, I don't think we will get so much direct sunlight each afternoon when the project next door is completed. So I think that I will be able to have pots and hanging baskets with some lovely colourful tropical plants from now on...before, it got too hot for them down that side of the house. I also plan to grow some vines on the nice new fence...the old fence had been damaged by termites and old age so I couldn't grow anything like vines on it, even though I did have some lattice against the old fence in the front garden. 

So now a bit of a progress update...

Monday morning and this truck pulled up...

DH was heading off to golf early that day...
 Mmmm...bit squeezy here...
 Driveway successfully navigated...

Lots of timber was then unloaded...

Brad and a couple of young men, then worked throughout the morning, moving the 'bundles' of timber around the site.





Then all was ready for the next lot of tradies to come in...
So with saws whirring/screeching and  nail guns popping we started to see these frames...
And then these were attached to the walls of the lower levels of the houses...


And this is how it looked from the street...
Gradually throughout the week these builders worked their way around all 7 houses...they are quite small as you can see.



5 comments:

Dorothy said...

They say every cloud has a silver lining - your tropical garden sounds lovely. Does Brad know you're doing a blow by blow description of the building work? I reckon it would be very interesting for him but then he'd have to 'weed out' all the crafty posts :) On the other hand, he might be a nocturnal knitter !!??!!

Susan said...

I am enjoying the progress - but this time I loved Dorothy's comment even more!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Maria
I love your positive outlook on life. You have already planned how you are going to manage that grey wall. A lovely strong new wooden fence that you can 'dress' how you please. I am looking forward to reading all about it.
I have followed the building of the new houses with interest. Thank you for the update.

Vireya said...

A garden of shade-loving tropical plants sounds like a much nicer view than a big wall. What a good plan!

Naturally Carol said...

A view of plants sounds much better than new fence and bricked wall! It will be good to cut down on some of the sunshine in summer though.