Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Someone new, whom I met at Sisters of Stitch...

Yes I met someone from 'the quilting scene' last Wednesday at Sisters of Stitch. Judie introduced Jacky to all of us, before Show and Tell time.


Judie explained that Jacky used to own the lovely patchwork store here in Brisbane, called Apatchy Quilting, but had sold it and now runs a business called Wacky Jackys. This site sells beautiful batik fabrics which Judie described as of the most beautiful quality and very reasonable prices. But as well as selling luscious fabrics, Jacky organises quilters' retreats to Bali.

Judie was so enthusiastic that I took advantage of the free city council WiFi and checked out Jacky's site on my iPad which I just happened to have in my knitting bag! :-) And I loved what I saw! The batik fabrics on Jacky's site are gorgeous and I particularly loved the 'wacky rolls'. Now I may never get to go on a retreat to Bali but I can sure see myself indulging in some of those batiks!
Now as well as asking Jacky if I could take her photo, I also asked if I could take a photo of the project that she had brought to Sisters of Stitch to work on...
Some beautiful sashiko using coloured threads including some gorgeous variegated ones!


Ever since buying a jelly roll of batiks in Pendleton, Oregon, USA, I've 'fallen under the spell' of these fabrics so it's lovely to find a source of high quality ones locally. (the fabrics are sourced by Jacky's company from Bali, Indonesia)


5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thank you for sharing the information about the batiks. Jacky's sashiko is beautiful, love those variegated threads.

Anonymous said...

Loving the variegated sashiko.

Anonymous said...

Loving the variegated sashiko.

Naturally Carol said...

The sashiko is fascinating. I like the way the squares are placed on the fabric too. Have a great week Maria!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful needle work Maria.