Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mothers Day

Last week I thought it was time to finally put away all the Easter decorations. It’s a bit early for a Winter display but then I thought...Mothers Day! 
So it was time to get out the mini quilt that I had received in a Mothers Day Mini Swap a few years ago.  And that’s my mum in the photo. 


And then I thought I’d bring out some of the floral patterned china that was packed away in cupboards...most of these items have been gifts over the years.




I love hydrangeas and family and friends have given me lots of lovely items with those flowers on them


Years ago I fell in love with this pattern and saved up to buy this plate...


My daughters have given me 4 Mum mugs over the years 😍


And there is DH’s mum! I usually like to buy a bunch of chrysanthemums around Mothers Day as my mum loved them. Because I was going to be away for 5 days, instead I got a potted flowering plant instead.




Hope all mothers had a lovely day today and received lots of attention and spoiling from their offspring 😍


7 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

All of my children have been to visit and now I have chocolate and fudge to eat my way through as well as hand creams and soap and a lovely lavender pomander. I was also given 6 tamarillos by one daughter who knew I liked them :)
Happy Mother's day Maria, I hope you are having a lovely time.
Diana

Maria said...

Beautiful Mother's Day display...
Hope you enjoyed a relaxing day.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You DO have a large collection. This post reminds me of one of my friends that has passed. She mentioned to one of her daughters that she liked something. For the life of me I can't remember what, but for years her daughters gave her items of whatever it was. She's been gone 20 years and it's just escaped me what the subject of the collection was.

Happy Mother's Day.
xx, Carol

Lin said...

What a lovely mini that is Maria and great 'Mum' pictures. I love your collection of china - gorgeous! xx

Jackie said...

Lovely display Maria.

God bless.

angela said...

They look lovey.
In the next few weeks I’ll be transitioning to winter
I hope I’ll be able to make the wreath I have in my head lol

Cynthia said...

So pretty! I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day.