Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Wool on Sunday

Joining in with the monthly Wool on Sunday over at Rainbow Hare.
With the cooler weather the knitting charity that I support  has been inundated with requests for warm items, especially blankets, beanies and gloves. 
Over Easter, I set to and joined some bags of donated squares into blankets...


And then there was a bag of smaller squares with a different style of granny square design. It made a lovely knee rug...


The lady who gave them to me normally joins her squares into rugs but she felt like a break from joining after donating quite a few of her rugs to the group. And I certainly didn’t mind helping out. 

I also had been storing some blankets that I’d made up in the warmer months from squares crocheted by a friend. Because so many items that left the K4BN storage shed for distribution , there was now room for more donations. 





These beautiful and warm blankets won’t be in storage for long; they will be distributed very soon. 
A total of 9 blankets made from the bags of donated squares that I’d been given to join. 


And at the moment I’m away interstate for a few days and in spare moments I’m using up some US variegated yarn that a friend brought back as a gift for me years ago, to make a baby blanket; most probably an item for K4BN.



And that’s Wool on Sunday for May 😄

8 comments:

angela said...

They look great.
Our group is donating blankets as well. I was organised this year and put those I made over summer in already

Jackie said...

Love the blankets Maria. I have almost the same yarn as you are knitting the baby blanket out of. I use mine to make mitts and toques from though.

God bless.

Maria said...

I'm sure all the fabulous warm blankets will be appreciated by folk who need a little extra warmth. Thanks ladies.....

Lin said...

Great blankets Maria - enjoy your trip. xx

Nanna Chel said...

Good on you, Marie. Yes, it got cold all of a sudden here and it must be miserable for those who are homeless and sleeping rough. Those blankets will be much appreciated.

Brigie said...

They are beautiful. I'm trying to make a knit and crochet rug. I can knit ok but crochet , well, Google is helping.

mamasmercantile said...

I am sure they will be greatly appreciated, a gift of love when someone is in need.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a lovely collection, Maria. I'm sorry I missed posting a Wool on Sundays last month and have been very absent from blogland. You and your friends are an inspiration and I'm sure all your donations are much treasured :)