Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Wool on Sunday...

Once again, the subject really should be 'Cotton on Sunday' as my projects used a cotton blend yarn.

Joining in with Janine over Here at the Rainbow Hare blog, where we show off any projects that we've been working on using yarn. Janine's post for March shows another beautiful cardigan that she has made.

In February I finished the cotton baby blanket for our new granddaughter born in January...




And we actually had one day when the weather cooled down and DD1 wrapped little C up in her new blankie.



As soon as I finished that baby gift, I started another. This time it was a pram blanket size and it was for the new baby that DD2's best friend had had in early February...


And after that, I started yet another baby blankie in cotton; rainbow colours this time. (I had planned to work out a new design of my own, but took the easy way out and used that same pattern again! )Our neighbour's daughter was expecting a baby, due in late February and a baby blanket was to be a gift for her. The baby girl was born yesterday, so I had better keep knitting. This is the progress so far...


After I finish all the baby knitting, I will get back to joining donated  squares so that there will be blankets ready to be distributed to the needy when the weather starts to cool down.

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Lovely pattern and the colours of cotton yarn gorgeous.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful!

Sharm said...

It's such a lovely pattern you may as well use it a bit. Did you use Bendi Cottons? I use those plus the stylecraft cottons as I find they are really lovely and soft as well but with a very big colour range that are always available.

mamasmercantile said...

It is such a beautiful pattern and the colour combinations are a delight.

Kim said...

All blankets are lovely. I love all those happy colours do si do-ing together.

Brigie said...

Gorgeous knits. I must get knitting too as we have newbie arriving in June. You are inspirational.

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are all so lovely Maria and what a cutie all wrapped snug as a bug in a rug! Loved seeing and feeling one in real time....soooooo soft xxx

Nanna Chel said...

Lovely work as usual, Maria. It has certainly cooled down here and it is trackie dack weather. Still getting light rain here.

Lin said...

Babies, babies everywhere! Lovely blankets for them Maria. xx

angela said...

Love them all! They are so bright and cheery
Well done you xxx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These blankets are such a lovely pattern. They look beautiful in all the colourways. I'm sure those mothers and babies are very happy with them and will treasure them for years to come. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)