Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Let's Get Stitched in Brisbane 2018; Part 1

After lots of 'umming and ahing' about attending this event ( running from March 8-11) due to the expected arrival of granddaughter #4 on March 10, on the spur of the moment I booked before bookings closed on January 31. I decided to keep March 11 free so did not book for the Stitching Day on the Sunday. I figured that that still gave me heaps of opportunities to catch up with LGS friends from  all around Australia as well as from NZ. 
So on Thursday afternoon March 8, I arrived at the Hotel Diana.
The view from my third floor room...

That night was the Badge Swap. Each of us had been given the name of a fellow attendee and we then had to make this person a name badge. We all gathered in the bar, ready to hand over the badges we made.


There were some interesting outfits! Rell lives on a cattle property so maybe that's what inspired her outfit.

And suddenly there were 2 Pokémons who joined the beautiful bovine in the previous photo... 😉😆

Here's the name badge I made for Melanie...the theme was Summer.


And my beautiful badge was made by Teresa!

Just perfect...a Margarita and some fruit!
Next post I will write about our bus trip on the Friday.


4 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Maria that looked like a lot of fun. I don't think I have heard of that event before.

Jackie said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the name badges.

God bless.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great fun Maria and baby was good too!

Lin said...

Always good fun Maria. xx