Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2021

Been MIA for a while…Life in Colour

 I haven’t blogged in quite a while…planned a lot of posts in my head…but never actually got around to writing them. For ages I had been getting regular emails from Google alerting me to the fact that my blog had ‘readability issues’ and I was urged to do something about it. I couldn’t see what the problem was as when I googled my posts, they looked fine. But I followed Google’s directions but still the emails came. A few years ago, the Blogger app became very unstable ( well for me anyway) so I bought an app which seemed to work okay but must have caused ‘readability issues’. Today I’m once again trying out Blogger 🤞🤞. 

But I thought I’d try something relatively easy…a Life in Colour post to finish off August. The colour for August is red. So here we go with some reds…

First photos are the Wiggles car which was on display in the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney in 2018 ( I think) 



Lovely old letterbox in Albany Western Australia…imagine, Queen Victoria was the monarch! 


Next is the little red stool from IKEA that we bought GD #1 for her first Christmas…my theory that it would be very useful turned out to be ‘spot on’! 

For many years, I’ve donated lollipops to the Christmas Stocking project that my knitting group does each year…here’s my trolley with my donations on a rare visit to Costco. 
A red tram coming into Glenelg in South Australia. 
Next photo is of the red netting and red canvas seats in an old air force plane at the museum situated at the Amberley Airforce Base here in Queensland.

Quite a few splashes of red on the wharf on Rottnest Island in Western Australia. DH and I didn’t hire one of those bikes…we caught the little train there on the island.

Santas crocheted by one of the members in my knitting group…these went to needy people in the community as gifts.

Some of the Christmas packages GD Anthea helped me do up for K4BN’s Christmas Stocking Project.

DH in his red shirt standing at a red tram stop in a tramway museum we visited.

The next picture is of a page of my Cliff Richard scrapbook that I made in my teens…somehow this book survived culls and declutters 😜. Without a doubt this book would be at least 51 years old! 
The last photo is a little block with an EPP heart made with a Liberty fabric. 
So joining in with Jude from Travel Words Here

13 comments:

Kate said...

Maria, blogging has it's challenges for sure but good on you for keeping on trying. I really like your EPP heart block - beautiful fabric.

Cathy said...

Lovely to see you back Maria. Loads of different red in your post…..isn’t it funny how little ones like to sit on things just their size….and big ones like to sit in things just their size as well lol.

Gail said...

It's nice to see you back in bogland! I've missed you! Have fun. Blessed Be

Vireya said...

I get those "readability issues" emails, too. Mine say that things are too close together and the text is too small for reading on a mobile phone. Given that I would never read blogs on a phone I don't really care. Sorry to anyone who is trying to!

Love all your red things from your travels.

Brigie said...

Beautiful life in pictures

Jackie said...

I have missed you Maria. I love your Life in colour pictures.

God bless.

angela said...

Glad to see you back in blogland
That certainly is a lot of red
Hope to see more of your posts now you have it all sorted

Lin said...

Good to find you here Maria. Great pictures - love the post box and Sir Cliff! xx

Nanna Chel said...

Good to see you here, Maria.My blog has something wrong with it but I have no idea how to fix it. I have neglected blogging too.

Kris said...

I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs, I just recently got into reading blogs and I’m absolutely loving them so far.
wraps las vegas nv thank you!

Maria said...

Lovely to see you pop up on blogger again Maria….
Enjoyed reading about where and why you took the red photos…
Love the scrapbook , I had one too but it no longer exists sadly …..

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice to see you blogging..... Those Santa's are so cute

Susan said...

What fun - and Cliff hasn't changed all that much!