Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2021

Spring!

Tuesday saw the last day of Winter, ushering in the beginning of Spring on Wednesday. On Facebook that day, I noticed someone asking people to post photos of their Spring garden. Well there wasn’t much sign of the season change in my garden…even my beloved nasturtiums weren’t doing that well. The bromeliads had had flowers but #1 GD had asked the week before if we could pick them to make a bunch to take home to her mum…which we did! 

Never fear though, our household does have another Spring display but it’s in the dining room. #2 GD helped me last Friday to ‘pack up Winter’ from the hutch. 


Holly very carefully carried the china from the shelves to the table…( my job later was to give the pieces a wash and then put them away) 

She then helped me go through cupboards to get out items that had flowers on them…

Holly was very particular where items should go…

We looked in the box where I keep the mini quilts and Holly chose a lovely one given to me by a friend many years ago.


I was sure I had more floral pieces but waited until Holly had gone home to have a look for them. 

Most of the pieces have been gifts. Occasionally I fall in love with china in shops but resist temptation to buy these days…I have enough! 
This big bowl was a farewell gift/presentation in 2001 from the staff at one of my school postings…very much loved! 


And this vase was presented to me in 1981 when I was going on maternity leave at my first school posting  to have DD1. Another much loved item with lots of good memories. 

So hopefully the garden will catch up soon and put on a spring display as well…




6 comments:

Kate said...

Maria, your floral pieces are beautiful and so is your helper - enjoy spring.

Jackie said...

While you might not have flowers in your garden outside, you have brought the garden indoors.

Your little helper is a cutie.

God bless.

Vireya said...

It is a beautiful display! And so special to share the activity with your granddaughter.

angela said...

Love your changing display. It’s the little things that make life special
We had three days of glorious weather and now it’s all gone to pot again
At least the days are getting noticeably longer

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice to have a change for the season.......

Susan said...

What a lovely time you spend with Holly.