Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Life in Colour

Well March is almost over so next Sunday Jude over at Travel Words here will select a new feature colour for her Life in Colour series. And I ended up finding lots of photos for the Green Theme so this post will be like the last hurrah for green. 😀


Greens on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
Next up are some greens I spied in Brighton, UK. During our stay in London in 2019, we took a train to this seaside town...a lovely day and some wonderful memories. 

Next is a lovely tranquil spot in the Sun Yet-San Gardens in Vancouver...a delightful garden in that city’s Chinatown area. 


A ride at Santa Monica Pier...we just watched! 

In 2014 DH and I toured the old set of Coronation St, his favourite TV show...this is part of the outdoors set. 

Filming of the interior of the pub was in a set inside the main building at these now demolished studios. 

The next photo is in the Cotswold village of Bibury...I was fascinated by that plant that looked like it belonged in the tropics! 


Next photo is some green in Singapore...

Only a tiny bit of green in this next photo taken in Bunbury, Western Australia. Driving down this suburban street in this town, we just had to stop and check out this front yard. Marge Simpson of course is resplendent in a green frock. Not your average front yard I think! 



Next photo shows the different greens in this sunken garden in Mt Gambier, South Australia. 


The next photo is closer to home...I spied this at our local ( but smallish) shopping Centre. How times have changed since my childhood and even the childhood of my children! 
Looks fun! And the grownups don’t even need to rummage for coins! 


Yep! Just tap the credit card! 


Last Sunday was Palm Sunday which means palm leaves and palm crosses! 




We have a granddaughter who lost a leg due to sepsis. Here she is in a green dress having fun on a green slippery slide. 


My friends in the Sunday Stitchers group found out that there is an Amputee Awareness Month so in November 2019 they honored  Carrie at our monthly meeting by presenting me with 2 bags of story books for her. How special are these lovely ladies. 



The last photo is a meme attributed to John F Kennedy that I shared on my FB page a few years ago. For many years DsD1 and her husband lived on a grazing property and I naturally started to take an interest in the farming/grazing sector so I could be more informed of what the lifestyle entailed. 


How true this is! 


6 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of interesting greens especially Carrie special Amputee ribbon....

Vireya said...

All sorts of interesting greenery to round out the month.

Hope your lockdown won't be too hard to deal with, and won't have to be extended!

angela said...

Someone really loves the simpsons
It was lovely for your friends do organise the books for Carrie
She is a special little girl
Thanks for all the pics

Jackie said...

Wonderful series of green pictures. Like you when we visited a few of the gardens in the UK I was amazed at some of the plant.

God bless.

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks of great bits of green.....I am remember making this palm crosses years ago...... Wouldn't remember now.....

Eva Wilson said...

Thank you so much for sharing this blog! I just want to mention I am just new to blogging and really enjoyed you’re web blog. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your blog post.

Regards,
Online Dissertation Proposal