Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Life in Colour

Once again joining in with Jude of the Travel Talk blog for her Life in Colour monthly challenge. The colour for March is green. Jude posted some gorgeous photos. 
So here are some of my ‘greens’...

The sign is outside the Eureka Centre and Museum in Ballarat, a city in Victoria which is part of the gold rush history of Australia. 
And the next photo was also taken in Ballarat. This beautifully restored old tram runs on weekends. 


I’ve always associated Ireland with the colour green and when we finally got to visit the land of my forebears ( on my mother’s side), these green post boxes really stood out when you come from a country with red ones! 


So I guess it only followed that the postal vehicles would be green also. 


How cute is that! 

Talking of Ireland, there’s St Patrick’s Day which is also enthusiastically celebrated here in Australia. This was the morning tea spread that 3 of us put together for our stitching group’s monthly meetup one March. I think you can guess our theme. 😂 🇮🇪 

And in the ‘new normal’ times we now live in, the ‘green tick’ is an essential step in gaining access to so many places. 



So there are some of my greens and as the challenge runs for the whole month, I’ll be back with more! 😜



5 comments:

Maria said...

There’s some interesting greens there Maria....

Jackie said...

Interesting greens. I love the fact that you have green grass. We have just lost most of our snow so things are a dirty brownish colour.

God bless.

Vireya said...

Some fun greens there! Love the green letter box and postal vehicle.

I haven't experienced any green ticks - haven't been anywhere!

HeyJude said...

Love the green selection you have found, especially the post box! I did a few posts about post boxes of different colours, but no-one found me a green one. Thank you.
Jude xx

Susan said...

How unusual to have green letter boxes!!!
I remember the St Patricks Day morning tea.

Looking forward to the other greens.