Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Mini Stockings Time Again!

Each year I write a post about the stockings that members of my knitting group ( plus other lovely people) make and then fill with sweets. These little gifts are then distributed to those who help the needy in the community have a bit of Christmas cheer. Over the years that I've been with the group the number of stockings needed has steadily risen to over six and a half thousand!
The last Tuesday in October the ladies ( and one man) at Zillmere Knit and Natter got to work and filled stockings for 2 hours!! 
The lovely ladies in my stitching group once again had a lolly drive which resulted in quite a haul to take along to Zillmere. 


And this year I was determined not to make a one off trip to Costco to buy sweets to donate, for two reasons. One is that I have to depend on a Costco member to take me and secondly most of Costco’s range of confectionery is mostly chocolate which is unsuitable for summer which the season that Christmas is here. The first 2 years I made that trip to Costco I was able to buy a big bucket of wrapped lollies but since then it is unavailable. But I did very well buying from selected local shops. 




So here is everyone hard at work filling stockings...










 



A good morning’s work’ with many more packing sessions to come so no group is disappointed and misses out on stockings for their 'clients'.

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

So uplifting for those that receive such a thoughtful gift, knowing that someone cares.

Helen said...

What a wonderful bunch of ladies.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are all wonderful! Don't the stockings look gorgeous all there waiting to bring a smile. Well done xx

Jackie said...

I so look forward to your stockings post. I imagine those that receive them and the big smiles on their faces.

God bless.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Maria, you're all doing such great work. Those knitted stockings are so sweet.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Maria what a lovely thing to do ,there will be a lot of happy people because of these very cute Xmas stockings,well done everyone.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

One of the best feelings is to be with a group of people joining together to bring joy to others. I was surprised that you have Aldi and Costco there.
xx, Carol

Maria said...

Yes it’s a good feeling to know that in some small way we can brighten someone’s life.