Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2018

A bit of crafting...

Each year I attend the Christmas Market at the Karuna Hospice here in Brisbane held the last Friday of November. On the last Saturday of November, our parish also holds a Christmas Craft market and at that one I help on the day and also do baking. Well this year DH and I will be in Melbourne that week so DH can attend the World Cup of Golf as a spectator so I can’t help these markets either by spending my money or giving help, so I decided I would make things for them to sell. Due to a fair bit of grandma duty, there is not the quantity or variety that I’d hoped but every bit helps. 
Last Friday I delivered my items to Karuna...

Some little stockings decorated with buttons, yo yos or bells with loops to hang on the tree.

Some thread catchers ( Natalie Bird’s pattern) with thread snips, using some of my stash of sewing themed fabrics. Using the fabrics eases the guilt of having so much in my stash! Lol


And that mohair throw that has been written about in the odd Wool on Sunday post. A modest amount of my Jo Sharp mohair has been used up so again the ‘stash guilt’ is eased. 🤣


And tonight I finished the items that I’m donating to the Parish Christmas Market. No throw for them as no more are finished but I did give them 2 for July’s Art Show.
So more thread catchers...


Placed in cello bags make them look a bit smart 😉. And again I added cutters/snips.


More Xmas stockings but this time I added a lollipop to each cello package. (I bought the bag of lollipops in case local children came around on Hallowe’en. They didn’t so now the sweets are leaving our house!) 






I really enjoyed making these simple items; it was just like the old days when I used to do a lot of craft for school and church fundraising. Funny how one gets out of the habit.
So now DH and I have our Melbourne trip to look forward to (leaving Tuesday morning) and then a drive over to Adelaide for a few days before arriving home on Dec 2. It will be lovely 😊 

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful makes. Have a wonderful trip and break away. We are hoping to get away to visit family.

Lin said...

What a lot of lovely gifts. Hope you have a great trip. xx

Jackie said...

Love the thread catchers!!

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourselves. (I understand perfectly about the stash guilt).

Vireya said...

If you are coming through Ballarat on your way to Adelaide and want to stop for a coffee break let me know. It would be great to catch up in person again!

angela said...

All your donations look wonderful. I’m sure they will sell out
Enjoy your trip and drive safe xx

Maria said...

Thank you! And I look forward to reading about your next travels 😊

Susan said...

I'm sure it will all sell - Enjoy your trip!
I'm glad you are back early December!!