Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Wool on Sunday...

Wow, I realise that I've been very slack in writing blog posts lately; no particular reason...just general busyness. But I do have some 'yarny' projects to share for Wool on Sunday, so I've found time to knit. 😉
Our parish art and craft show is being held in late July this year and as well as the usual exhibitors, the committee has invited a number of Indigenous artists to display their work. I decided to go along with that theme and make a throw in Indigenous colours to donate for sale at the art show. The Aboriginal flag consists of 3 colours;  black, red and a gold/yellow.

I just have to put a fringe on the ends, sew my label on and it's already to hand over to the committee.
I also have another of my ripple/chevron throws on the needles too. If I have it finished in time I plan to donate that to the Art and Craft Show as well. But if it's not finished in time, I won't stress.

About 15 years ago I knitted a throw for a friend as a Christmas gift. It was in her favourite colour pink, with a black background.

Lee loved her blankie but her cat Sabrina Maud loved it too! We always joked about Sabrina Maud reluctantly sharing the throw with her owner. I do have a photo of the cat reclining on 'her throw' but can't find it. Any way, sadly Sabrina Maud died a few months ago and what a sad time for my friend and her DH. Last week they adopted a new rescue cat...7 year old, Audrey Maud. And guess what she likes to curl up on??? 😉😆

Yep, that same blankie!
Linking up this post with Janine's Rainbow Hare Blog. Despite the heatwave in the U.K., Janine has been busy with the knitting needles and there are also photos of a gorgeous crochet project as well as progress on an appliqué project Here

12 comments:

Susan said...

Those throws will be popular - Hope you will bring raffle tickets to SS!

Kim said...

There is always oodles of yarny loveliness when I visit your place. Love your friend's blanket. How strange that both cats loved the same blanket. Hope your blankets bring in lots of dollars!

Sharm said...

The aboriginal colour theme has come up quite well! How cute the new cat loves the blankie as well.

Maria said...

Just checking whether the re-setting of email notifications works 🤞

abbeysmum said...

Hi Maria,I met you at the golf club with Chel and didn't realize you were a knitting dynamo.
I have just come back from 5 days at the Sunshine coast because the Maleny fibre festival was on over the weekend....the whole town was yarn bombed and the RSL hall and the school hall were full of vendors selling all kinds of yarn and yarn craft related things....the credit card got a bit of a work out.
You would have loved it, I hope you will keep it in mind for next year.

A friend and I stayed in Caloundra so we could enjoy the beach as well.
Fingers crossed you get all your knitting done for your craft fair.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wonderful throws Maria.....such lovely work. Funny how our furry friends know quality to recline on lol! Hope the show goes well xx

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful work, a delight to visit your blog today and see the continued love of the blankie...

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your indigenous throw looks great and it'll be fab with a fringe on. I also like your new chevron start. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's cat but the new one is adorable. The throw you made is beautiful and I'm not surprised it is so popular. Thank you for linking your lovely work with Wool on Sundays :)

Meg said...

Your throws look great, Maria. The indigenous colours always seem so striking together to me. Meg:)

Jackie said...

Lovely throws Maria. You always do such great work.

Our cat seems to enjoy the throw that my Mom made our youngest son many years ago. Kris says it's Shania's now and I plan on making him a new one.

God bless.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely lovely work you've done with your blankets... you've got some major talent!

Adore that your friends got a new cat and it loves your blanket as well. Such sweetness :-)

World of Animals, Inc said...

Love the color pattern you used for this blanket. They compliment each other so well, great work! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week, thanks for the share.
World of Animals