Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Night Sew In...

The last one for 2015!!! And it didn't turn out the way I had anticipated...
After dinner I sat down with DH in our lounge room; we both had our coffees with us. The plan was that after the coffee he would watch some TV and I would do some hexie stitching. Except...after my coffee, I stretched out on the sofa...and you know what comes next don't you?

Yep! I fell fast asleep...until much later. But then I did do some stitching...just one hexie flower.



So why was I so tired?
Well I went to a rally in the city and standing in King George Square in the midday sun was a bit taxing in the hot, humid weather. But I would not have missed the chance for this experience...


I went because I thought it was the right thing to do but there are others in the community who disagree vehemently...but that's what life is like in a Democracy isn't it? More about the rally in another post. 



10 comments:

Vireya said...

Saw coverage of the rally on TV last night. Would have looked out for you if I'd known!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a pretty hexie xx Certainly a tragedy for Alisons family and her poor young daughters.

Maria said...

Good on you Maria for going to the rally...you deserved a nap...
Lovely Pansy hexie...

Craft to Do said...

The best thing about living in Australia is we all can have an opinion.
Good on you for the rally.
Great hexie.

margaret said...

not sure what the rally was about but it was obviously close to your heart and quite right to support it. Lovely fabric for the hexie

Noela said...

Lovely hexie Maria. Sometimes I wonder why the courts just get some judgements so terribly wrong. Hugs xx.

Karen's Korner said...

Gorgeous fabric choice and so is the one behind it.

angela said...

Oh well. You deserved a rest love the hexies. Before next Christmas I'm determined to learn how to make these

Susan said...

Love the hexie and I am not at all surprised you needed a nap!!
Certainly all for a good cause.

Raewyn said...

Your hexie is gorgeous, not surprised you nodded off, it sounds like a big day.