Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Bus Trip...

Last Friday I went on the Quilt Shop Bus Trip which was part of the Let's Get Stitched 2015 Weekend. 
We were all ready and waiting to board the bus by 8.30 am. Just like being a schoolgirl on an excursion, I raced to join some girls right up the back of the bus and we waited patiently for the rest of the ladies to find a seat. 



Brisbane is my home town but I had never been to 3 of the 4 quilt shops that we visited last Friday. 
First stop was on Brisbane's south side at Cleveland; Bayside StitchCraft. 
A lovely shop full of so many beautiful items. It was a bit overwhelming! Maybe that's why some of us look a bit perplexed! Like my room mate Wendy...

And yours truly, as in this shot! Lol. 


I bought a few things here; 2 fat quarters and some fabrics for an Easter Table runner...


Our next stop was at Nikki Tervo's tiny shop in the Wynumn area which is crammed full of the loveliest items for sale...

I bought a kit here for a Christmas swag which included some of Nikki's beautiful buttons. The buttons have to be made so the kit will be mailed to me soon.
I said the shop is tiny didn't I? Lol

Then it was time to get back on the bus and headed off to our lunch stop at the Full Moon Hotel at Shorncliffe. The hotel staff were amazing, taking our orders and preparing our meals in rather quick time (even though we whinged about the queue), lol. Our lunches were huge...but delicious! 


Now also at Shorncliffe is a sweet little quilt shop called 'Faeries in My Garden'...and that's where we went after lunch. Another tiny shop full of goodies...we had to take turns going into the shop...
 
But Lesley, ( the owner) , and her husband had set up some tables in the courtyard...these were covered with 'goodies' and a garden seat had bolts of fabric stacked on it too...



And then it was a longish  drive back to the south side of Brisbane, to the Quilters and Embroiderers  Store at Salisbury.


It is a huge store with an overwhelming amount of stock...

And all I bought herewas a packet of milliners needles...but I was thrilled to finally track some down! 
By this time (after 4pm) we were quite tired, what with the heat and getting on and off the bus...it was time to go back to the hotel for a rest before our Pizza and Games night. (I wrote about that in the previous post)