Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Easter isn't far away...

Earlier this week I thought that it was about time I put out on display  some of the Easter items that I had  stored away. Last year DH and I were away in the UK at Easter so these items stayed stored away. 
I have some old children's egg cups/ornaments which belonged to a friend, who handed them on to me when my children were little...1950s kitsch...which have become popular in recent years. These items would have originally come with an Easter egg.
In the next photo are 2 Easter gifts I've received; the mug in fairly recent times and the egg cup was given to me by a neighbour when I was in Grade 1...and I still have it! Lol. When I was a child, the boiled eggs were usually bantam eggs (from backyard hen houses or chook yards as we Aussies call them) and these fitted the duck egg cup perfectly. When my children were little in the 1980s, the eggs purchased from the supermarket wouldn't fit in this egg cup. 

Some of my Easter 'decorations' have come from blog swaps...
An Easter Mini quilt last year...

The little bunny the year before, as well as this cute little cushion...
I have also bought Easter 'stuff' from the local 'cheap shop'...
This year at Let's Get Stitched, my room mate Judy, gave me the sweetest little bunny that she had sewed...little Matilda!

Put all these things together and what have you got? 

A hutch ready for Easter, that's what! Lol.

11 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I remember those egg cups! There are sew cute.
Lovely Easter display in your hatch...

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

I enjoyed seeing your Easter decorations and I'm inspired to get out mine. The egg cups bring back memories. I wonder if they make them anymore.

Nanette said...

I love your little rabbit and the little Tilda. I have some of those egg cups and Easter mugs I've 'liberated' from op-shops. I made that pin cushion for an Easter swap last year, it's easy, but looks swish. Your hutch looks lovely, I never think of decorating for Easter :<

Nanette said...

Sorry...*Matilda*.....somehow I read little Tilda, and thought it was from the Tilda range?

Michelle Ridgway said...

I loved seeing your Easter treasures. I too remember the egg cups. Your display looks lovely x

doodles n daydreams said...

I love your '50's egg cups, remind me of when I was a kid :)
I've just had a looka t your quilts in the previous post, lovely. There are some talented ladies out there.

Diana

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic display xx

Marit Johanne said...

Such a lovely Easter display! Happy Easter!

Tanya Murray said...

You know I love it to bits!

Mizumatte said...

I love your Easter stuff, I have only put out my icelandic easter bunny and am not sure it will be more because I'm alone and all easter flowers are enought for me, but who knows. take care and have a lovely easter Jana